Explain Your Avatar / Forum Name

You may be sorry you asked...

I am a dancer. Zorba is my stage name and has become my "use" name as well. My late Father in Law gave it to me back when my wife and I were doing a lot of Greek dancing - for obvious reasons.

Then I became a Belly Dancer, something that makes a lot of guys rather uncomfortable. And before anybody asks (or not!), I'm even straight! The picture was taken at a Belly Dance event - a formal dinner actually. Been doing it for over 19 years now.

It just my last name with first initial, the avatar is explained at the bottom, kind of like an Inception dream gone wrong

Reactions: Zorba

I am a dancer. Zorba is my stage name and has become my "use" name as well. My late Father in Law gave it to me back when my wife and I were doing a lot of Greek dancing - for obvious reasons.

Then I became a Belly Dancer, something that makes a lot of guys rather uncomfortable. And before anybody asks (or not!), I'm even straight! The picture was taken at a Belly Dance event - a formal dinner actually. Been doing it for over 19 years now.
Gotta admit, like @cliffish, your avatar was something I puzzled over. Now it all makes sense! :)
At 300 lbs., I got the belly, but I don't dance! ;)

That is the most interesting thing I've heard in a long time. You're definitely breaking apart TJ ownership stereotypes!

At 300 lbs., I got the belly, but I don't dance!
Have you tried? @Zorba might be able to teach you a thing or two! Please post a video if you decide to give it a shot.

That is the most interesting thing I've heard in a long time. You're definitely breaking apart TJ ownership stereotypes!

Have you tried? @Zorba might be able to teach you a thing or two! Please post a video if you decide to give it a shot.
Please don't!

Nobody...and brother, I mean nobody needs to see that!!! :LOL:

I walk a lot of different paths, and live in a lot of very disparate worlds so to speak. Yea, I'm a Belly Dancer, I am a firearms enthusiast, I do "some" sewing (mainly costume stuff both for dancing and for its own sake), I collect and restore vintage sewing machines, I have about 150 or so pairs of earrings for both dancing and "mundania" - not to mention other jewelry but I'm known for my earrings. I've done some restoration work on my 1918 piano, and intend to do more. I have an '85 Mercedes-Benz turbo diesel that I've owned for right about 20 years now, and now I've indulged a lifelong Jeep longing/craving/whatever. The best way to learn about anything is to hang out with the guys and/or gals that know about it - so here I am!

I'm retired now, but I was a lifelong electronics tech/sometime engineer and ended my career in the IT field. And in the interest of full disclosure, being a bit on the weird side and knowing it, feel free to ask any questions that may be on your mind - TRUST ME, I've heard it all! LOL...

I walk a lot of different paths, and live in a lot of very disparate worlds so to speak. Yea, I'm a Belly Dancer, I am a firearms enthusiast, I do "some" sewing (mainly costume stuff both for dancing and for its own sake), I collect and restore vintage sewing machines, I have about 150 or so pairs of earrings for both dancing and "mundania" - not to mention other jewelry but I'm known for my earrings. I've done some restoration work on my 1918 piano, and intend to do more. I have an '85 Mercedes-Benz turbo diesel that I've owned for right about 20 years now, and now I've indulged a lifelong Jeep longing/craving/whatever. The best way to learn about anything is to hang out with the guys and/or gals that know about it - so here I am!

I'm retired now, but I was a lifelong electronics tech/sometime engineer and ended my career in the IT field. And in the interest of full disclosure, being a bit on the weird side and knowing it, feel free to ask any questions that may be on your mind - TRUST ME, I've heard it all! LOL...
You know, you're probably an interesting guy, once you come outta your shell... :ROFLMAO: Kudos to ya for being who you want to be, man. I'd say you definitely defy being labeled (and I mean that with no disrespect whatsoever).

You know, you're probably an interesting guy, once you come outta your shell... :ROFLMAO: Kudos to ya for being who you want to be, man. I'd say you definitely defy being labeled (and I mean that with no disrespect whatsoever).
Thanx for your kind words. Because I have a lot of interests, I'm on a lot of forums. Some, like this one, I end up "coming out" early, others I never have. For the simple reason that the subject sometimes doesn't come up (or folks are afraid to know!). One of the firearms forums I'm on was like a beehive hit with a stick over this subject, but now I'm "one of their own", attend a shooting event with them every year, blah, blah. We get on famously, and we tease each other in good fun! But yea, I don't pigeonhole easily. Even when it comes to politics and religion!

Oh yeah, I would say you've broken all kinds of molds and stereotypes.

I mean I for one never imagined anyone owning a TJ being a belly dancer. Not in a bad way of course, it's just not something you think of when you think of Jeep Wranglers. I think of most of them as being real blue collar, nitty gritty jobs, gun owners, etc.

Of course look at me, the web designer / SEO guy sitting behind a computer, working from home :ROFLMAO:

I've got the gun owner thing down though.

Reactions: Zorba

Post Jeep shit and you will get Jeep shit answers.
Go posting in the sub forums you’ll have to fend for yourself
Edit : you sound thick skinned enough to handle it

Reactions: jeepins and Zorba

Welcome to the least judgmental forum on the internet, unless you have an angry bird grill, you don’t have an angry bird grill...right?