Explain Your Avatar / Forum Name

I’ve got a german short haired pointer, pointer was taken so I threw in a TJ. Avatar is my dad and I tightening up the suspension on my ‘99 right after I got it. My dad bought a basket case CJ5 that was completely disassembled and put it together for us kids to learn how to drive on while we were growing up. His buddies thought it was cool so we ended up restoring a few more CJs for them. I inherited the Jeep bug, and the DIY project addiction, from him so I figured it was an appropriate picture for my avatar. Here’s the CJ5 and the pointer not pointing.

028D3FA9-4982-4629-AAA5-E3415D048B89.jpeg

3AA7EE48-A8FD-4625-A2D7-B24FE71EA2F7.jpeg

I finally joined the forum in search of some help to rebuild my totaled TJ and the avatar is a picture of it at the tow yard. I hope to update it to a more current picture once it becomes a little more presentable (i.e., I can drive it out in public).

My forum name has a double-meaning. My Jeep was totaled so now it'll for ever be labeled as a wreck but I'm also a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech.

My first name is Bill, and growing up I was known to be quite the free-spirited wild type. It never failed that someone would always call me wild bill, no matter where I lived. So it just stuck. I'm more like a "mild bill" these days... LOL But I can still kick in that extra gear now-and-then. 😉

Avatar is just a pic of the jeep after a fun ride in the mud with my daughter and her boyfriend.

Forum name is my name and before that the initials of the company I stump for, designing and selling products. We're known more for our initials than the full name so it works and I use it in many places online.
The pic, it's my newish to me 2000 TJ, which I'm digging learning more about what the PO's had done for and to it over it's history. Today it's at a bud's shop getting the Spartan Locker yarded out of the Dana 35 rear end so I can get back to being only mildly concerned about grenading it while I save for a Super 35 Kit. The locker has made for a few interesting events on and off road, and I'm looking forward to finally allowing the wife to drive it since I haven't been too keen on letting her with the locker in there.

I'll share a story on our first dog, Kramer. A freind, Richard, found Kramer in Busby and thought wow the perfect dog for Ruth & Bill. 16 years later, Kramer is gone and we go see a rescue puppy in Nelson. Kinda cool, the rescue picks names by breed, so our Rotti was named Richard.... "R" being the guide. I sent an email to Rick telling him we had adopted Richard...... a while later Ricks wife replied. Richard the dog was born in June. Richard my friend of 30 years who introduced us to Rottis past away in June. sad plus happy. I get choked everytime I remember this story.

Eight years later, Richard dies early a victim of cancer. Eight weeks later a friend sends a link to an animal shelter...... I think we pick up Sampson on Sunday. We have great references from friends who claim if reincarnation is a thing, they want to come back as our next dog to our vet who thought Richard would be gone by Christmas but with expensive meds had a good life till May. So looking forward to picking up Sampson on Sunday.

New avatar coming..........

Heres Kramer on the lake in Yellowknife... in May... spring is here !!

DSC_01220501.jpeg

My avatar of Richard, the jobsite dog was taken in July. At work. High enough that it snowed that day. Rottis are incredible dogs if you don't try to train them. They will by nature, die defending children and women. When I hugged my wife. Kramer would grumble and push us apart. Damb I love Rottweilers.

Last edited:
My forum name Locky came from a co-worker 21 years ago who couldn't remember my last name. We have had a lot of officers hire over the years who thought my real last name was Locky because that's what everyone was calling me. Then when they would hear my real last name they were bewildered who the heck that was.
Profile picture is wife and I in our '01 TJ.
FB_IMG_1561898811839.jpg

I’ve got a german short haired pointer, pointer was taken so I threw in a TJ. Avatar is my dad and I tightening up the suspension on my ‘99 right after I got it. My dad bought a basket case CJ5 that was completely disassembled and put it together for us kids to learn how to drive on while we were growing up. His buddies thought it was cool so we ended up restoring a few more CJs for them. I inherited the Jeep bug, and the DIY project addiction, from him so I figured it was an appropriate picture for my avatar. Here’s the CJ5 and the pointer not pointing.

View attachment 86278

View attachment 86280
Nice camera! This looks awesome!

Reactions: PointerTJ
This is something I came up with from my time in the Army. On my first deployment the first tent I lived in had a door the previous troops wrote on. The acronym was B.O.H.I.C.A. = Bend Over Here It Comes Again. I ascended to Cool Guy side and became a Engineer Warrant Officer. We are called Chief's. Since guys say Bro. I came up with Chief Brohican and started my own Tribe, The Brohicians. I have a few fellow Engineers that are in my Tribe. The picture is of my '98 TJ Sport.

Last edited: