Factory looking head units with Bluetooth capability?

I did enough research to realize they the factory head unit won’t cut it. The head unit is the brain of the sound system, and as much as I like the factory look, it’s simply not powerful enough to handle a “good” sound system.

I ended up doing this:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/upgrading-the-sound-system-on-your-jeep-wrangler-tj.11104/

And let me tell you, this sound system is mind blowing. 70 mph on the highway with no doors or top, and at 2/3 volume you can hear the music very loudly, even with all the wind noise. It blows me away how good the sound is now!

Thanks @Chris. I don't listen to much music in my Mazda (noisy cabin) and don't think I need a powerful speaker system in my Jeep either. I only want to add bluetooth and that's why the 1factory option seems appealing. Your new system is spec'd really well .. I bet it is LOUD if you crank 'er up to 11!

Reactions: Chris
I use a Pioneer. The BT works well, since I got it from Crutchfield it came with the wiring adapters.. no cutting of the factory harness.
I like the functionality of the Pioneer stuff. I never get the bottom of the line, i go a few steps up.
When I'm parked somewhere I'm not sure about I remove the face and put it in the steel console.

Thanks @Chris. I don't listen to much music in my Mazda (noisy cabin) and don't think I need a powerful speaker system in my Jeep either. I only want to add bluetooth and that's why the 1factory option seems appealing. Your new system is spec'd really well .. I bet it is LOUD if you crank 'er up to 11!

It's insane. Top off, doors off, and this thing is loud as hell on the highway at 70 mph. I absolutely love it!

My ram is a Laramie and came with the upgraded infinity sound system so I didn't want to loose any of that. The wireing adapters needed to make an aftermarket head unit play nice were going to be more than the deck. I tripped over 1 factory and thought well if they can do it, so can I. Did a bit of research and disabled the tape deck so it thinks there is always a cassette in there and wired in an aux port to the tape deck amp. I then took a small aux to bt adapter and glued it where the tape would be inserted and wired it into said aux port. Works great except that I picked a crappy bt adapter and the battery can't charge as fast as it drains. I'll replace that later as it's easy to do.

I'm next going to mod a jeep boom box as soon as I get the amp fixed in it. I plan to use a bt board I got off eBay to have a completely hidden mod and use the tape deck buttons to control the bt board.

With a bit of research it's a really easy mod if you have any skill at all with a soldiering iron.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

0641B9B2-FE49-4303-B0EF-201DB24B6A24.jpeg
Don’t want to get beat up on this forum...it’s a JK

Reactions: Starrs
PM me the vin if you want. I can send you the original build sheet. If you go through with it I would make sure it has the 4.10 gears. Nothing worse than buying a rubi and finding out it has 3.73s. If you eventually upgrade to 35s you won’t habe to regear. That’s the one nice thing about the jks. The front fenders that’s a different story. Looks good tho. How many miles?

You're still welcome bro. in the kitchen, general jeep discussions he-heh.

Chris, ban this guy from the forum please.
I know your kidding, but sometimes the stuff you type you need to say it aloud before you hit send and just ask yourself does this make me sound like an asshole. Just work on that maybe in your free time. He can post whatever he wants.

I know your kidding, but sometimes the stuff you type you need to say it aloud before you hit send and just ask yourself does this make me sound like an asshole. Just work on that maybe in your free time. He can post whatever he wants.
sorry chief, i am just fooling around. i did mean no harm.

Reactions: Alvin A
PM me the vin if you want. I can send you the original build sheet. If you go through with it I would make sure it has the 4.10 gears. Nothing worse than buying a rubi and finding out it has 3.73s. If you eventually upgrade to 35s you won’t habe to regear. That’s the one nice thing about the jks. The front fenders that’s a different story. Looks good tho. How many miles?

I already ran the VIN (4.10 gears) downloaded the build sheet and original window sticker, but thanks !

Reactions: Starrs
While doing my research last night I came across the Clarion M508. It is the best aftermarket option I could find made by a great audio company.check out the attached pictures of it installed.

I am converting all my interior to white LEDs so I think it will look sharp. Looks clean and it's meant for marine use!

Product Highlights:
General Features:
  • marine digital media receiver with AM/FM/WB tuner
  • no internal CD player — plays MP3 and WMA music files from your iPod and other external sources
  • built-in Bluetooth® for music streaming
    • Bluetooth aptX for superior sound quality from Android phones
  • enjoy Pandora using your iPhone®
  • 2-line black-on-white LCD display
  • for single-DIN applications
Marine-specific Features:
  • specially sealed against the elements for use in the marine environment
  • conformal-coated PCB circuit board
  • covers for front USB and AUX inputs
  • NMEA 2000 connectivity with optional MW6 module
  • marine remote ready
Audio Features:
  • 3-band EQ with 11 preset sound curves
  • fully-adjustable fader and control subwoofer controls
Expandability:
  • compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
  • built-in iPod control
  • inputs: front USB and AUX inputs
  • outputs: 8-channel preamp outputs
Other Features and Specs:
  • built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
  • warranty: 1 year

Screenshot_20180610-160811_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180609-222342_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20180610-161402_Instagram.jpg