Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Finally picked up a hardtop but my tub doesn't have rear holes drilled out

connor grimes

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just picked up a factory hardtop and my tj which came with a softop doesnt have the 2 rear holes drilled out in tub, I’m assuming I just need to drill the holes out but was curious why it didn’t come with them , assuming tubs come out the factory the same for both hard or soft top.

038657B0-37A6-40C6-8F1A-5B0D4ED962CC.jpeg

P man

Keister Bunny
Supporting Member
Just picked up a factory hardtop and my tj which came with a softop doesnt have the 2 rear holes drilled out in tub, I’m assuming I just need to drill the holes out but was curious why it didn’t come with them , assuming tubs come out the factory the same for both hard or soft top.

View attachment 352287

I've run into this before but can't explain why. You have a 97 correct? If so could this be another 97 only oddity? Who knows

OP
connor grimes

connor grimes

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
All the bolts lined up perfectly but it just didn’t have the two rear bolt holes, it’s a 2001 and the top is off a 2006, however it was strange because on the 2006 that I pulled the hardtop from it didn’t have rear holes either

OP
connor grimes

connor grimes

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I would like to but my Jeep wasn’t wired for it … was thinking of just deleting the wiper and motor and plugging the hole. Then just hang onto parts if I sell in the future .

Viking Jeeper

2A Supporter
Supporting Member
I took the wiper and motor off and I dont really miss having them or the defrost. I never did find a great way to plug the holes left and just have clear packing tape on the window.

txbemis69

was last seen escaping the asylum
Supporting Member
that color top looks good with the red. be glad it’s an older hardtop as the newer ones don’t have the rear side vents. my 06 has the vent in the tailgate.

Viking Jeeper

2A Supporter
Supporting Member
My LJ hard top does not vent very well. I always roll down the window before trying to close the drivers door if everything else is closed. I'm pretty sure the pull straps would get stressed if I didn't.

someguysjeep

simple guy
Lifetime Supporting Member
Summit racing has 6 pages of rubber plugs to pick from. ace hardware Lowes and HD usually have an assortment of them too.