Fire Extinguishers

the projectile issue cannot be overstated. My 4 year old nephew was almost killed last year from a plastic toy he was holding when someone drove an F150 40mph into my brothers stopped Chevy Colorado. He was taken by ambulance, unconscious, bleeding from the ear, with a visible depressed skull fracture and low expectations among the first responders and my brother who is an ER nurse. Miraculously he recovered with just near total hearing loss in one ear and a scar from that ear to the crown of his head from the surgery to reset it and install a plate.

when i used to race stock cars, we were taught to put them below chest height and within arms reach. if you're on your lid and can't get out, you need to reach it to extinguish the fire. I like mine mounted where Jerry has his, floor in front of seat. If my LJ did not have a sub in the center console that would be another option, but it would be hidden from others that may be helping.

Gotta be a 5 pounder and mounted at the back is fine IMO.
From a surprised emergency, nobody is prepared for a quick reflex reaction anyways.