First Jeep, finally....

Thanks for the reply. As far as mods, I have no clue yet. Was thinking maybe a small body lift, bumpers maybe a winch?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
What do you want to use your Jeep for? Off-road? On-road? Mud? Rocks? Trails? That will help us help you spend your money. :D

What do you want to use your Jeep for? Off-road? On-road? Mud? Rocks? Trails? That will help us help you spend your money. :D
Mostly used to take up space in my garage while i am working. Occasional driver, trip to the river or lake with a kayak atop. There is an off-road park not far from home but may never make it there. I guess it is a well needed distraction to break away from the same old routine when possible.

Welcome ! Did I miss it? The pic I see is black and white. What color is your TJ?

Reactions: TJ2
Mostly used to take up space in my garage while i am working. Occasional driver, trip to the river or lake with a kayak atop. There is an off-road park not far from home but may never make it there. I guess it is a well needed distraction to break away from the same old routine when possible.

Sounds good! Mine is a good break from the status quo and a good project!

Congrats on the purchase, it's a sharp looking TJ. I'd probably start with a mild lift (2-2.5" and some 31" or 32" tires personally).

Sounds good! Mine is a good break from the status quo and a good project!
My son is 17 soon will be out in the real world, well thats what he tells me anyways. Hope that we can use this as some quality dad-son time. He could use some hands on, dirty nailed, busted knuckle time with the old man before he runs off.

Congrats on the purchase, it's a sharp looking TJ. I'd probably start with a mild lift (2-2.5" and some 31" or 32" tires personally).
Any recommendations on a lift? I drove one with a 6" lift prior to buying this and the wife was terrified. It was all over the road.

Any recommendations on a lift? I drove one with a 6" lift prior to buying this and the wife was terrified. It was all over the road.

6inches !!! that's not one for the vertically challenge like me

Welcome ! Did I miss it? The pic I see is black and white. What color is your TJ?
It is black, when i get home I will try to take a few pictures and not mess them up, lol. Switched phones from an apple to an S8 and havent quote gotten acquainted with all the changes.

Reactions: Kathy

I always recommend the OME 2.5" suspension lift. Having run it myself, I can tell you it's the best lift you'll find in the 2" height range. Almost everyone else will agree. This is probably the most "legendary" lift you'll find in the 2" height range, it's been around for along time, and it's highly praised among TJ owners, including myself.

6" is nuts for a TJ, definitely overkill unless you're running 37" tires or something.

Yep. I agree with @Chris. Something mild like the OME 2.5” Lift or H&R or BDS. All those are a good project, mild lift and with 31’s will look great. Case in point...my OME Lift with worn 31’s
268DD7BD-6A34-4A50-BEFF-2DD8EBB8D231.jpeg

Reactions: Squatch and Chris
6inches !!! that's not one for the vertically challenge like me
My DW is vertically challenged as well. I have a 2016 Ram 2500, she has been in it 2 times maybe. Broke down and installed step bars a month or so ago. She still wont go anywhere in ot, lol.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I’m not y’all either, and I can tell you now that 33’s on my 2.5 SL and 1.25 BL is enough of a challenge. I have no step on the driver side right now, but kept the one on the passenger side for my wife! LOL

Reactions: Kiwi TJ