First TJ!

Alright another update, driving on the highway, everything fine. Go over a part of the road that is being worked on so it’s very bumpy and then my Jeep turns off, pull over to the side and turn it back on. Why does this happen?

Alright another update, driving on the highway, everything fine. Go over a part of the road that is being worked on so it’s very bumpy and then my Jeep turns off, pull over to the side and turn it back on. Why does this happen?

If you're saying that it dies out when you hit bumps you have a loose wire somewhere. Best bet would be to let it idle and wiggle every wire you can find to try and duplicate the problem.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
is it just me or does most of that frame look like the rot was plated over ??? did no one see that ?
Me and my dad thought that as well but it turns out he did work on some parts of the frame. It wouldn’t make sense to plate over some of it and not all of it

overall its probably average as far as the price paid, sux that you had issues almost immediately(although) that happens a lot magically after its sold... comparably i have a 2000 4cyl auto w/ 150k, im gonna clean up and look for around 4500...pros & cons about equivalent

I feel like it was a good deal. The owner did tell me he had apart of the frame fixed because of how bad it was but he replaced it. The frame does have some rust spots, just no rot.

My question is does anyone know how I can further prevent any more rust? It was tested for rotting and it my mechanic said there isn’t any rot

unless you strip the truck down to only a frame & dip it in some sort of undercoat you will never prevent it water will always get inside - the best thing you can do is drill maybe a couple 1/8th inch holes in the bottom of frame where it dips to its lowest point to release trapped water & check them frequently for clogs, same thing with the front fenders, if they havent started yet they will get rust holes, i would drill holes in the center underneath support bracket where water collects...

Okay! Jeep turned off in the middle of the road today and would not start until a few minutes later. I am now in a mechanic shop waiting for them to see the problem. It would crank but not start. Another thing, someone must have threw something at my windshield tonight because I was surprised with my windshield being cracked!
So far not the best of luck :(

I need a new fuel pump. Mine is fucked. Any good ones? Or are they all supposed to do the same job?