First TJ

AnglinTexas

Supporting Member
I finally got my first TJ. 04 Sport model. 4.0, NV3550, Dana 44 rear, Dana 30 front, 4.56 gears. It came with 37s, I’m going to wear them out and go to 35s. Wife currently has a ‘13 JKU Rubi. And I’ve had a few different CJ7s throughout the years and I’ve also previously had a JK. Glad to be back in a Jeep. I’ve been browsing the forum and learned a lot so far.

36475651-B680-461B-97D9-D33F1B066B54.jpeg

Reactions: PRNDL
Welcome to the club (again).

That's a nice looking machine. How tall is the lift? Even with the huge tires it looks way up there.
I think it’s a 4” suspension with 1.25 body. and it does have a spacer on top of the front springs. I found a chart online that gave estimated spring height for a given lift size. When I got it home it had a 3” body, I got it down to 1.25
Welcome from Ohio
thank you for the welcome.

Welcome! Overall looks like a nice find. Flat fenders, half doors, hard top with rack looks good.
And it's black!

I have a black 2000.. and had three JK's previously. Curious why you didn't stick with the JK or JL?
I just got tired of seeing three or four JKs at every intersection.. Absolutely love the TJ.

Reactions: AnglinTexas
Welcome! Overall looks like a nice find. Flat fenders, half doors, hard top with rack looks good.
And it's black!

I have a black 2000.. and had three JK's previously. Curious why you didn't stick with the JK or JL?
I just got tired of seeing three or four JKs at every intersection.. Absolutely love the TJ.
I thought I needed a truck is the only reason I got rid of the JK. It was a 07 2 door Rubi with a 6 speed. I liked it fine, and I don’t have anything against a JK (other than prices right now). But I’m with you, I wanted something that not everyone has. I also didn’t want to give up all the comforts like I would have if I went back to a CJ. TJ for me is a good balance of utility and comfort.