Flat fender reccomendations?

What are you getting them for? For function, as in you’re wanting room to run bigger tires? Or form, you want the aesthetic appeal?

Hi @Ted05Rubi ,
I have in the same spot for few months. I do choose to go with Hi-line fenders and suffer the pain once as I decide to grew my built once and save time not re doing some parts.
It is many options from the economical to the expensier edge plus the custom one that really looks good but took some time to get it done and to make it look nice. At the end all depend on what do you see on others TJ's and how much you will think expensive is and how much pain installing it you wants to go true.

My recommendation, Look for a fenders that accommodate your rig use better and comes with the inner section or for ones that you can purchase inner sections for. It will simply make the swap easier and looks way better.

I do went with JCR fenders as my Jeep is wrapped on JCR products. They are out in Portage Michigan, small to med shop plus very supportive people.
MotoBuilt just release a new Hi-line fenders for the LJ but is the same fit for the TJ plus they have other regular options.
Metalcloak also has cool fenders too.
Poison Spyder also make fenders with inner section, My buddy LJ has them and they look very nice.
GenRight also have good selection if fenders that can be overlooked.

It is many options out there to mention, but pretty sure others will chime in and gave you more details and suggestions.

Happy trails!

Edit: Add GenRight as @JMT remembers me they are on the market as well. LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted05Rubi
Hi @Ted05Rubi ,
I have in the same spot for few months. I do choose to go with Hi-line fenders and suffer the pain once as I decide to grew my built once and save time not re doing some parts.
It is many options from the economical to the expensier edge plus the custom one that really looks good but took some time to get it done and to make it look nice. At the end all depend on what do you see on others TJ's and how much you will think expensive is and how much pain installing it you wants to go true.

My recommendation, Look for a fenders that accommodate your rig use better and comes with the inner section or for ones that you can purchase inner sections for. It will simply make the swap easier and looks way better.

I do went with JCR fenders as my Jeep is wrapped on JCR products. They are out in Portage Michigan, small to med shop plus very supportive people.
MotoBuilt just release a new Hi-line fenders for the LJ but is the same fit for the TJ plus they have other regular options.
Metalcloak also has cool fenders too.
Poison Spyder also make fenders with inner section, My buddy LJ has them and they look very nice.

It is many options out there to mention, but pretty sure others will chime in and gave you more details and suggestions.

Happy trails!
Thanks, I'll have to check out the JCR fenders since I'm in Michigan

What are you getting them for? For function, as in you’re wanting room to run bigger tires? Or form, you want the aesthetic appeal?
Currently I'm running skinny/short tires (31" x 9.5 Interco Super Swampers on 15" rims) with a 2 inch OME lift. However I'd like to be able to go up in tire size to 33 inch max. Any thoughts?

I'm running DuraTrac LT235/85 R16 which roughly come out to 31.5" x 9.25" on my totally stock Rubicon. I think 33" tires should work with just about any flat fenders with your 2" lift. There could be some issues caused by tire width and wheel offset. Just keep that in mind when looking for fenders. Heck, keep that in mind when looking for tires/wheels too.

Currently I'm running skinny/short tires (31" x 9.5 Interco Super Swampers on 15" rims) with a 2 inch OME lift. However I'd like to be able to go up in tire size to 33 inch max. Any thoughts?
The only way you begin to gain clearance with non stock fenders is to remove the sheet metal up the hood. Many flat fenders have less clearance than stock.

Additionally, something to keep in mind if that 33s ought to have a total of about 4" of spring and/or added clearance if you are to maintain the factory amounts of up travel.

Reactions: tworley
You’re probably getting 2-2.5” out of the OME. 31’s and possbly 32’s are good for that lift. The simplest and cheapest way to accommodate 33’s would be adding a 1-1.25” body lift. The other route is high line fenders like @Jorge Bolivar recommended. Add to his list Genright. Do your research because most flat fenders don’t give you any more clearance than stock. The ones listed by Jorge and the Genright do give more clearance. As always, when all is said and done you’ll have to bumpstop accordingly. Here’s mine on 2.5”OME with an additional spacer up front, a 1.25” body lift and 33’s
8DB461FC-4550-4EB9-AC16-308FF553A435.jpeg

If you do choose to go hiline I think Poison Spyder has the best looking fenders on the market currently, and not because I have them but they offer roughly 3"+/- above and 2"+/- towards the driver, and are bolt on, including a new battery tray. The biggest issue (IMO) most come across I think is that they are afraid to disconnect everything on stock fenders and bolt them to new inners, which requires thought from the individual. Next IMO would be Genright as they come in aluminum, then JCR (also aluminum). These three also offer inner fender kits. What are the biggest tires you plan on running in the future? Are you afraid of cutting your hood? As jjvw mentioned moving the material from the hood is the only way to get more clearance with tube fenders.

cb3284f68016633107cb9d38a57a200e.jpg

Just remember, no extra clearance with Xenon, they are for looks only!

Reactions: jjvw
Aww Mann All flats compared to stock give u more clearance I mean even if it’s an inch dudee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, not even an inch. The fenders are the issue and the fenders don't change when you change flares. What you're trying to keep your tires out of is the fender, not the flare. The flare, both stock and Xenon flex. So the tires can hit them, but if they hit the fender it's made of steel and that is no bueno

Reactions: jjvw and tworley
GenRight all the way!
Did you check out the new Motobilt Hi-Line's @Jorge Bolivar linked too above? These are a new addition to the market. There's not much info there, like whether you have to relocate anything in the engine bay, and there's no pictures of Jeeps with them installed, so it's kind of hard to tell if you'd like them or not. But anyway, just so you are kept up to speed, they are available now.

Reactions: Ted05Rubi
You’re probably getting 2-2.5” out of the OME. 31’s and possbly 32’s are good for that lift. The simplest and cheapest way to accommodate 33’s would be adding a 1-1.25” body lift. The other route is high line fenders like @Jorge Bolivar recommended. Add to his list Genright. Do your research because most flat fenders don’t give you any more clearance than stock. The ones listed by Jorge and the Genright do give more clearance. As always, when all is said and done you’ll have to bumpstop accordingly. Here’s mine on 2.5”OME with an additional spacer up front, a 1.25” body lift and 33’s
View attachment 56580

You are correct @JMT GenRight also make a good fenders allowing more clearance. I will edit my post for future reference. Genright is a brand that I did not look too much, I have a guy on a LJ that represent GR too close to me and since his LJ is also red and I does not like to end up having tow look alike rigs on the same area. But their stuff are top notch as well. Thanks for the remainder buddy!

Reactions: JMT
Did you check out the new Motobilt Hi-Line's @Jorge Bolivar linked too above? These are a new addition to the market. There's not much info there, like whether you have to relocate anything in the engine bay, and there's no pictures of Jeeps with them installed, so it's kind of hard to tell if you'd like them or not. But anyway, just so you are kept up to speed, they are available now.

Those are cool, but I'd love to see more than computer mockups and some actual photos of them on a TJ (so I cans see what they look like). So far the ones I like the look of the best are GenRight.

I really want to see someone who has painted the fender flare portion black and body matched the rest of it. That would look really cool.

Nope, not even an inch. The fenders are the issue and the fenders don't change when you change flares. What you're trying to keep your tires out of is the fender, not the flare. The flare, both stock and Xenon flex. So the tires can hit them, but if they hit the fender it's made of steel and that is no bueno

Correct, the simple reason many move toward the Hi-Line fenders and no deal with keep the regular fender height.

Keep in mind what JerryBransford told me, the stock fenders are quite "soft" they tend to bend and not damage the tub when they get run into a rock/tree/etc..... Tube fenders tend to be quite stout, if they get run into something that energy will be transferred somewhere, quite possibly to the tub which is way harder to fix...... just my 2 cents......

Reactions: Ted05Rubi and jjvw