Florence South Carolina

Not surprised about the rusted frame. Never drive further than 30 minutes or so unless the owner is willing to send you super detailed photos of the frame. That's always the biggest area of concern for or TJs.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
So good news...Wife went out to Charleston today to check out another TJ, and everything was good to go. He sent me pictures of the frame and everything. We put a $100 down payment on it today so I can go out there tomorrow morning and pick it up. Hooray!

20170108_125211_1503697606292.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
So good news...Wife went out to Charleston today to check out another TJ, and everything was good to go. He sent me pictures of the frame and everything. We put a $100 down payment on it today so I can go out there tomorrow morning and pick it up. Hooray!

View attachment 21021
Congrats! First order of business is painting those fender flares black! No idea what they were thinking with that color!

Reactions: LTTJ and bobthetj03
Does it have a body lift, the photos are so dark I can't tell. If it has a huge body lift, remove it. Body lifts should really only be around 1".

Reactions: Don_L
Congratulations! Yeah, it looks like at least a 2" body lift, maybe 3". If so I'd replace it with the Savvy 1.25". You'll lose some fender well space, but you should never go over 1.25" body lift.

http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/Savvy-Aluminum-Body-Lift-125-TJ-LJ-97-06-SAV-BLTJ.htm

In time you can add a suspension lift, which makes for a good combination. Other than that and the tires it looks pretty stockish. Definitely prep and paint the flares black (OEM). Congrats again. A no rust Jeep is a great starting point! Welcome to the Jeep world

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris and Don_L
It's 3" body lift and 3" suspension lift. And it's been signed over to me as of 11am this morning. I worked him down to $4300.
Awesome! Congratulations! Nice price. Hopefully that leaves you some spending money. What size tires are on it? You can easily run 33's with the 3" SL and a 1.25" BL. If you bumpstop correctly you could even run 35's. But 3" BL is too much. Have fun. Hope to see you around on the forum!

Unfortunately the TJ in the pictures had a completely rusted out frame that the owner did not inform me of prior to me making a two hour drive to buy it (I did ask before hand), and so I'm back to the drawing board. There are two other lifted TJs I'm interested in as well, so the struggle continues.

Good luck> A Jeep TJ will be the best thing you ever buy... and most expensive (once you get the taste for Mods)!!
J- Just
E- Empty
E- Every
P- Pocket
:) lol

Reactions: Chris