For all of us with two wheels also

The best part about pitbike is that some people are riding cheap junk made out of some chinesium alloy which looks like recycled cans. They take up less space in the truck at the end of the day though...

sens0810.jpg

photo_11.jpg

photo_56.jpg

Reactions: Ron505
Kharola Glacier, Tibet
Sept 2017
About 17000 feet at this stop on our way back from Mt Everest base camp to Lhasa. My bike is the one with the yellow helmet hanging on the handlebar. 500cc Royal Enfields

View attachment 301070
That's awesome, Rick. Must have been a spectacular trip. Royal Enfield - the original adventure bike.

But where the hell did you find a hi-vis jacket big enough for those shoulders?

:)

Reactions: Wildman
Back at my own project after killing myself on other peoples.
51804594564_a856e2d366_z.jpg

That diesel lump may look like it was born there but take a look at the business side.
51804352273_598eb4d29e_z.jpg

That pulley needs to be on the other side of that tube. Looks like more blue hacksaw time coming up.

• Wow
That's awesome, Rick. Must have been a spectacular trip. Royal Enfield - the original adventure bike.

But where the hell did you find a hi-vis jacket big enough for those shoulders?

:)
It was great. We really had to bundle up some days. That big guy was one our mates from Belgium. Had two couples from England and father and son from Australia as well

Last edited:
Last edited:
It was great. We really had to bundle up some day. That big guy was one our mates from Belgium. Had two couples from England and father and son from Australia as well
Oh, sorry about that. I thought Rick (@Wildman) had posted that. The big guy looks a lot like Rick from the back. I think I just looked at the picture, and did not pay enough attention to who actually posted it.

• Haha
Reactions: Unacceptable mouks
A little cold weather wheeling.
51810413046_50edaafa3d_z.jpg

51811145020_90239e0511_z.jpg

Something I never leave home without in dicey weather. Two, three, or four wheels, doesn't matter.
51809458832_046ccfce20_z.jpg

That hot cuppa can make the difference from being in dire straits to just being a bit uncomfortable.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Well, ice and Harley’s don’t mix. Got out decent, broken ribs, punctured lung/pneumothorax, rang my head pretty good. Might be time to hang the bike up for anything under freezing temps. The crash bars did their jobs and saved the bike from a bunch of damage.

View attachment 303627

View attachment 303628

Damn,
Well you walked away from it. Maybe a little worse for wear but still alive. It's one of the reasons when it gets below 40* around here I stop riding. We get black ice in some strange places.

Again the bike can always be fixed. Glad you are OK more or less.

Reactions: Ron505
Anyone that willingly chooses to ride a 900+ pound motorcycle on ice and snow is just begging to learn a lesson...
It appears that you learned yours and are lucky enough to tell others.