Found this article about this guy putting 40s on an otherwise stock TJ

Goofy for most of us, but it works for his location. 10-15yrs ago, 40’s were the smallest tire you’d see on trucks down there. When we showed up in 2002 with an Excursion on 12” of lift and 40’s, everybody had just made the switch to 46” Mickey Thompson Baja Claws(like the red truck in his article). A few years later, there was an Excursion on 54’s and air-ride being built by the owner of Island Off-road. Notice the stock ‘95 F-250 next to the Excursion. It’s not as popular anymore to have monster trucks like that... simpler days 😂
View attachment 172506

That Excursion is badass!

That Excursion is badass!

Haha thanks! It was a big part of my childhood. One of the first vehicles I was old enough to help my dad work on and what sparked my interest in diesels. I’m currently in the market for one, but it won’t be nearly that tall haha
160CCEE0-F1FE-453D-AE7B-843003A397D4.jpeg

Reactions: Tranz Zam
Haha thanks! It was a big part of my childhood. One of the first vehicles I was old enough to help my dad work on and what sparked my interest in diesels. I’m currently in the market for one, but it won’t be nearly that tall haha

I briefly considered an Excursion as a tow rig until I saw the average MPG and this article. :LOL:

Amazing, after years of posting its your Jeep do what makes you happy the idiots are all critical of a guy doing just that. Suck it up Buttercup.

"I never wheel this Jeep in the Mud or Rock Crawling. I’m sure there are people that will disagree with the set up,but for me..It worked on my 1979 Jeep CJ with 38 inch tires..and never had the first problem back then. This is a street only Jeep and i am pretty easy on my vehicles. And it drives better than most would expect."

Sounds like the guy who built it is as happy as the guy crawling up waterfalls.

This is where he lives.
1*fF-Ck6-5n8jZIta_EEsdJw.jpeg

And he didn't post it here, some idiot with a closed mind did. Personally I enjoyed reading his story. Sounds like he was wheeling when so of you were in diapers.

I love it!

I've always gravitated towards big trucks. There's something so cool about big American steel sitting on huge tires.

Reactions: custommuffler
I like where he wrote

"I spent almost 2 months searching the internet to find the most perfect fit for something to work with. I drove to 6 states to see a lot of Jeeps in person. Pictures on sites like Cars.com can look much better online than they do in person…so,i made trips across the country for weeks. " :unsure:

And the best he could find was a TJ X model with 129,000 miles. Hell I could find TJ like that in a week or two, now if I was looking for a LJR that might take a bit longer

Wow definitely lots of open minded folks here ehhh.... I happen to like the look of it on 40’s if my 4.6 stroker could spin them and not snap my dana 44’s id run a set myself. Around here where I wheel its a mix of mud sand and muskeg not much rock crawling so big grippy tires are your friend.

Reactions: custommuffler
Wow definitely lots of open minded folks here ehhh.... I happen to like the look of it on 40’s if my 4.6 stroker could spin them and not snap my dana 44’s id run a set myself. Around here where I wheel its a mix of mud sand and muskeg not much rock crawling so big grippy tires are your friend.
You're being closed minded if you think other people's minds are closed.

• Haha
Reactions: L J
You're being closed minded if you think other people's minds are closed.
Yep, I don't have to be closed minded to dislike someone's else's bullshit. I don't disagree with his right to have his rig any way he wants as long as he doesn't disagree with my right to think he is a fucking dipshit. I'm happy he is doing what he likes. I'm also happy I don't have to agree with his methods.

Yep, I don't have to be closed minded to dislike someone's else's bullshit. I don't disagree with his right to have his rig any way he wants as long as he doesn't disagree with my right to think he is a fucking dipshit. I'm happy he is doing what he likes. I'm also happy I don't have to agree with his methods.
Come on Blaine, don’t sugar coat it. You don’t really like it do you ...hee hee.

Just having some fun.

Come on Blaine, don’t sugar coat it. You don’t really like it do you ...hee hee.

Just having some fun.
Didn't even look at it. The same holds true for his rig or even yours. As long as it makes you happy that is all that matters. If you are doing it to garner my approval, you're a moron.