Front coils rubbing and trackbar hitting diff

Matthias13

05 LJ, multi part issue here:

1. Front coils seem to rub on the lower perches, as well as the the other spot circled in red on the passenger side. Are these factory spring seats? The swaybar links look weird and extended compared to other TJs I've seen.

2. Track bar appears to be hitting the diff in multiple spots. Does the axle need to be moved back? I measured the front upper and lower control arms and they appear to be the correct length (per Metalcloaks installation intructions).

These are Metalcloaks coils and track bar.

20210324_155929.jpg

20210324_160348.jpg

20210324_161034.jpg

20210324_151837.jpg

Something needs changed and those arm lengths really arent a standard one size fits all deal..just an in the ball park.

it needs moved back and may need rolled slightly, check caster and cycle everything til there is no interference.

Maybe it's just the photos but something looks off about the coils. They seem wide and most I've seen for the front are tighter wound, with a consistent diameter except for the very top. Here are the metal cloak fronts:
https://metalcloak.com/tj-lj-xj-wrangler-coils-true-dual-rate-coils-3-5-front.html. Maybe a better pic would help.

I agree the axle is to far forward if you're hitting the top of the diff.

Those are not factory spring seats or sway bar mounts.

And that diff cover is really fat.
I cant remember if the seats and sway bar links were stock when I got the Jeep a couple years ago, but it seems like a weird thing to fab? I had the lift put on about a year ago. I'll take some different pics of the coils tomorrow.

Now you know why most of us are very picky about which diff covers we run. I think that's part of the issue, but another part of it could be the control arm adjustment.

I cant remember if the seats and sway bar links were stock when I got the Jeep a couple years ago, but it seems like a weird thing to fab? I had the lift put on about a year ago. I'll take some different pics of the coils tomorrow.
Looking again, the spring seats might still be factory. But the face looks like they are plated over with that funny sway bar mount.

Reactions: someguysjeep
He has raised sway bar mounts probably to clear what looks like some type of crossover steering. Still hitting the draglink a bit on the passenger side. I agree the diff cover is thick but he's hitting so high up I'd be surprised if even an oem cover would clear.

Reactions: LieutenantJohnson
He has raised sway bar mounts probably to clear what looks like some type of crossover steering. Still hitting the draglink a bit on the passenger side. I agree the diff cover is thick but he's hitting so high up I'd be surprised if even an oem cover would clear.
The steering is a whole nother issue. I'm in the process of swapping everything back to a stock setup because the shop I took it to recommended their custom HD crossover kit that's caused me nothing but problems.

This was obviously before I did much research. Coming back to bite me.

Shops. How many times have I heard this story. Glad you’re on here. Anything they screwed up you can get straightened out. People here to help if you need.

the frame end of the TB is beginning to pit and looks like it has a nice friction rub. i'd suspect that joint needs greased and possibly replaced.

my MC bar never touched the OE cover, that cover is pretty thick but looks like it could be a CA turn away from clear.

Reactions: DrDmoney
the frame end of the TB is beginning to pit and looks like it has a nice friction rub. i'd suspect that joint needs greased and possibly replaced.

my MC bar never touched the OE cover, that cover is pretty thick but looks like it could be a CA turn away from clear.
Explain to me what you mean by beginning to pit? You're referring to the heim joint right?