Front "Great-Value" Antirock?

Don Bulee

TJ Enthusiast
this might have been discussed but.... do anyone know this kind of kit for the front Antirock-kind of system? its 200 bucks (like 1/3 of Currie one) but not sure if this is only a chinese knock off or if Currie didn't patent the design or if the Maxpeedingrods is a legit store to buy stuff from....

1702931321738.png

https://www.maxpeedingrods.com/prod...ar-kit-fit-wrangler-tjlj-1997-2006-new30.html

• Face Palm
Reactions: suicideking
I'm curious about the copyrights to Currie's Antirock name and whether it's legal for them to use that name or not for that obvious knockoff. I'm sending a link over to Cassie & John Currie for their information.

It would be better if you sent it to John and Brandon if you meant Casey and not Cassie. Casey is Ray's son and they are at Currie Enterprises, not Rock Jock 4x4

• Haha
Reactions: Ocho
I'm curious about the copyrights to Currie's Antirock name and whether it's legal for them to use that name or not for that obvious knockoff. I'm sending a link over to Cassie & John Currie for their information.

Rock Jock is copyright protected for sure.

did I miss something? I looked at the product listing and couldn't find the names "Currie", "Rockjock" or "Antirock"...

I searched for a few minutes at the US Patent office and couldn't find anything even remotely related listing "Currie" as an inventor. It's a great way to make a modular sway bar system but other than bringing it to mass production as a bolt-on for a few targeted models of vehicle, I'm not sure there's enough novel about the design itself to make it patentable as I thought the concept was fairly well established in racing.

what would be the weakest point in a chinesium antirock sway bar kit?? would it be the torsion bar? the hardness of the treads??? the links???

Reactions: bbaldwin237
this might have been discussed but.... do anyone know this kind of kit for the front Antirock-kind of system? its 200 bucks (like 1/3 of Currie one) but not sure if this is only a chinese knock off or if Currie didn't patent the design or if the Maxpeedingrods is a legit store to buy stuff from....

View attachment 483431

[URL][URL]https://www.maxpeedingrod...lj-1997-2006-new30.html?tracking=GarageCouple[/URL][/URL]

based on the breadth of seemingly unrelated stuff they sell, they're certainly a retailer that has nothing to do with the stuff they sell, and almost guaranteed it's from china. Even the weird almost-but-not-really-English name and the vague tab headings scream "loose grip on English".

Reactions: cliffish
what would be the weakest point in a chinesium antirock sway bar kit?? would it be the torsion bar? the hardness of the treads??? the links???

Loose tolerances and poor quality control all around. May have threads that aren't quite right, dimensional issues with parts fitting together too tightly or too loosely, missing parts, poor paint/coating adhesion due to lack of prep, quality materials substituted with less expensive ones. All the typical stuff you can expect buying the cheap Harbor Freight version of something. I'd bet it even smells like Harbor Freight.