Front mount mirrors with doors off

Joeinnewjersey

TJ Enthusiast
Any front mount mirrors for when one has the doors off like you see on CJs? I have the temp ones made for the TJ and think they look like crap…

Any front mount mirrors for when one has the doors off like you see on CJs? I have the temp ones made for the TJ and think they look like crap…
Yes, I had these at first, meh, they worked and looked okay...but?
IMG_1261.JPG

Then I found these and haven't looked back (pun) since!
These are absolutely the bomb, but pricy.
IMG_1604.JPG

Reactions: txbemis69
These look good. I like how it has a bracket. At first glance it looks like stock mirrors.
Is the any vibrations in the mirrors?
Do you want to use the passenger side mirror? Any of this style bracket moves the mirror on the passenger side to far forward to be useful. There's a reason why the factory puts the mirrors where they are on the hinge!

Reactions: 97TJNM and L J
I have the rugged ridge version and agree that it's basically worthless for the passenger side even more when the doors are on. Also had to buy a new mirror because the hardware inside the factory mount had rusted so bad that I couldn't remove them from their mount. I bought an adjustable door strap so the door wouldn't hit the mirror when opening.

My PO installed a bracket to relocate off the doors...no idea what brand...I solved the couldn't see out the passenger side by fabbing up another link. Haven't had any issues with trees or brush...wacks it out of the way and a quick push and it's right back

IMG_20220518_090920074.jpg

Reactions: Irun