Front seat storage systems

Kenneth G Zinis

TJ Enthusiast
Looking for storage ideas you like for under, and on the back of, front seats. I did the seat spacers, great little upgrade, and looking to utilize that space.

How about the seat back bags that are on the recently unveiled Quadratec 30th Anniversay "YJL" project?

AsFeaturedIn.jpg

A pair of them in my LJ:

LJZipAndGo1024.jpg

The bags are from Overland Outfitters and are available at Quadratec for the JK and JL at the moment. Overland Outfitters is planning to offer the seat bands for the TJ/LJ very soon - the seat bands on the seats in my LJ are prototypes.

Reactions: JMT
How about the seat back bags that are on the recently unveiled Quadratec 30th Anniversay "YJL" project?

View attachment 226739

A pair of them in my LJ:

View attachment 226740

The bags are from Overland Outfitters and are available at Quadratec for the JK and JL at the moment. Overland Outfitters is planning to offer the seat bands for the TJ/LJ very soon - the seat bands on the seats in my LJ are prototypes.
"With convenient carry handles - one handle for each of your friendly thief's hands - no more fumbling!"

I've got the Tuffy underseat storage and love it. I've also got the Smittybilt Overhead G.E.A.R and Bartact front and rear seat covers with the PALS webbing. They also make a webbing you can strap to the sport bars too, but I don't have them... yet...

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis

View attachment 226739

A pair of them in my LJ:

View attachment 226740

I like your prototypes are you selling these? If yes, please PM me.

I have the flip seat version of the Tuffy Drawer box. I like it. The key on it was huge, so I swapped the keyed lock for a combination lock a few months ago. (Cheaper on Amazon than Tuffy.)
20200307_110331.jpg
I keep a small tool bag & jumper cables under the rear seat.
They don't slide around because of the cargo liner and they are tall enough to press against the bottom of the rear seat.
You can't see them from outside the vehicle, so I've never been that concerned with theft.

If you're at all in the market for seat covers, a set of Bartact covers would potentially kill two birds with one stone. The storage capabilities of those seat covers is one of the main reasons I chose them. With full width zip pockets on the faces of the front seats, deep, full width zip pockets on the back of the front seats, molle straps on the sides and back of both front and back seat covers and all the different pouches they offer that attach, they provide a ton of storage and a lot of configuration options.

Here are just a couple of pictures for reference. I run a small pouch on the inside of my front seats (no center console between the seats), a small pouch on the back of the passenger seat, a large pouch (full seat width) on the back of the driver's seat and have both large zipper pockets on the rear of the front seats stocked as well as the zippered pocket on the front of the driver's seat - and I still have room to add more pouches if I want to at some point.

20201227_071659.jpg
20201227_071623.jpg

I have the flip seat version of the Tuffy Drawer box.
In your picture, the drawer looks pretty big. I thought the flip seat version was small compared to the non-flip version.
I've always wondered if the seat could be modified to fit the bigger drawer. Otherwise, I might switch to a non-flip seat bracket.

View attachment 226937
Found pic of TJ seat frame ('03-'06). Thinking of accessing top hoop from rear and attaching bracket/strap for storage support.
There's no need to modify the seats in order to have storage on the back.

In these photos there are two bands on the seats - one around the headrest and one a bit lower on the seat. The bands have provisions for attaching Molle bags to them, as well as zippers for Overland Outfitters Zip & Go bags.

RajasthanBagTJ1.jpg

TJSeatsBothBands.jpg

GSSBagsInLJ.jpg

This seat back panel is attached using the same zipper attachment.

SBOEmptyLJ.jpg

Left: Molle pouches, right: Zip & Go Bag.

SBOLJ2Setups.jpg

The bands just slip over the seats with no modifications. The bands pictured in this next photo are prototypes, the production versions won't be this color:

TJSeatsBothBandsFront.jpg

Overland Outfitters sent me photos the other day of preproduction bands; unlike the prototypes in the photo above they're made from leather. These are the bands that go around the seat back:

PreproductionTJSeatBands.jpg

They said they're going to send me some of the leather bands to test and once tested they should become available. The Zip & Go bags are already available and the seat back panel is just a prototype.