Full repaint ideas

I’m planning on repainting my TJ I’ve got a few ideas but I’m curious what ideas you guys may have before I fully commit to one color.

Being as you are new, and this is your first post, @AndyG may let you slide for not filing all the repaint forms to him before asking the questions.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Keep it yellow. If you think you'll change your mind, wrap it. ;)
Camo Jeep.jpg

camo jeep2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueC
Being as you are new, and this is your first post, @AndyG may let you slide for not filing all the repaint forms to him before asking the questions.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks, we have to consider a lot on these. Like if he owes us money, then changes the color and we can’t recognize him.

My wife says camouflage is cool. I don’t see it.

If you want to maintain the value of the jeep, repaint it the same color as the factory. Unless you are totally anal and willing hundreds of hours on prep, or want to pay 5 figures for a paint job, somewhere the old color is still going to be visible. That's a total turn off for most buyers.

I'm guessing you know this, but changing colors means lots of work. Unless of course you're willing to have the firewall, underside of the hood, and other places a different color. If you don't paint those areas, it looks cheap and hurts the value of the Jeep. As you're thinking this through, keep in mind that if you maintain the original color it's going to look much better than you expect. Yellow is a great color and will pop with shiny new paint!

Reactions: John Cooper
Depends on how far into it you want to go. If it was patriot blue you could easily go with a lighter, brighter blue on the exterior and leave the interior and engine compartment stock and it would still look really nice. Hard to do this with yellow though -to look good you would need to paint EVERYTHING.

Reactions: John Cooper
How about a metallic yellow? That will spice it up a bit, probably not so different that you would have to worry about painting firewall, etc.

Be like Inca Gold that everyone likes but less orange. I think it could look pretty awesome.

Would not ever buy a repainted vehicle. But resale is only one consideration for you or anyone.

Really like a yellow Jeep, by the way.

"According to the iSeeCars report, yellow is the most valuable colors among convertibles and SUVs, while orange does it for coupes, beige is best for pickup trucks, and purple, being among the rarest of colors in any segment, boosts the value of sedans the most."

Bad idea to repaint a perfectly fine vehicle. My opinion, could be wrong. D