Full waterproof covers... any recommendations?

Jerry Bransford

Too many arguments and personal attacks, I'm done.
Supporting Member
It's time for me to move the Jeep out of the garage and back onto the driveway. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good quality waterproof full cover that holds up? And that won't leak if it pools up a little during a heavy rainstorm when there's no top on the Jeep to support it? I've had a couple tops over the years but they weren't good enough to buy another.

Amazon has not really given me many choices that look good. So far this one is leading and is in my cart. It also earned an 'A' rating from Fakespot, a really top-notch external rating that looks for fake/suspicious reviews on both Amazon and eBay. But it's basing that A rating on only 18 reviews so I'm not completely sold. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RV7NJ7Z/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I'm willing to spend somewhere between $100-200 if it will last. So if you have good long-term experience with a full cover that is specifically made for a Wrangler TJ, it'd be great to hear about it!

I've used Covercraft mid-range and that's the price you're talking about, I wouldn't expect more than three seasons out of it. If it doesn't have a warranty it's not going to last. If you look at their current offerings you can see the time they expect them to last and the prices, I think they are realistic. Every few years they come out with some new tech and I try to grab up the old ones cheap. I make my own cab covers out of sunbrella and those are toast in a few years even with 303 treatment and that's almost their top of the line. The sun is just brutal.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I had the Bestop, wasn't really happy with the straps/clips or the length at the door. Chincy elastic for the spare tire and rear light straps.

Replaced it last year with the Rain Gear - absolutely love it. Heavy duty straps, metal clips, clearance for mirrors are the items that made the difference for me. Seems to fold up smaller than the Bestop, but still feels thicker and more durable.

https://www.raingearcovers.com/product-page/wrangler-tj-1997-2006-trail-cover

Reactions: Wildman
I have the Raingear cover and have had the Jeep parked out in the snow and rain with no issues. Plus I have used it to cover the Jeep when I haul the rig on my trailer.

IMG_0639.JPG

Thanks very much guys, I ended up pulling the trigger on Carcover's Ultimate recommended by @randy328. It has a ten year warranty which is longer than I'll likely need lol. I almost went with the Raingear style but it doesn't cover the tires and the sun is really hard on them here in SoCal and in Florida.

Reactions: randy328
Thanks very much guys, I ended up pulling the trigger on Carcover's Ultimate recommended by @randy328. It has a ten year warranty which is longer than I'll likely need lol. I almost went with the Raingear style but it doesn't cover the tires and the sun is really hard on them here in SoCal and in Florida.
I seem to recall you’re planning a move to the sunshine state. I expect the wheeling will be different. Planning any build changes for the new environment?

Watching this thread as I too keep mine in the driveway. Wish I could remember where I found my current one, because so far it's holding up fine after about 3 years. Will write back if I can find a tag.

Might help to put a piece of plywood or something else sturdy on top then put the cover over it so itll add support and not pool up with water/snow.