FYI: Ordered a Stant thermostat from Amazon; received a Motorad

MikeO

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C7YRNM/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Received this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C5E8XI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

After reading reviews, I see I am not the only one.

IMG_2650.HEIC.jpeg

Reactions: Duner and L J
Same thing happened to me a while back except purchase was from Rock Auto. Same part number on the box. Read somewhere later that Stant exited the aftermarket market, sold the business to Motorad

Motorad purchased Stant who closed and sold their Aransas HQ in 2021. No idea if Motorad incorporated any of Stant's designs like their SuperStat into their offerings but early comments on Motorad's thermostats are not so good.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I recently ordered a Motorad Radiator cap because I could not find the Stant in stock. It came in as a Stant. Maybe order the "wrong" one and get what you want.

• Haha
Reactions: Hopper
I'm using the motorad 2000-195 with out issue. The mopar stats and superstant I ordered when doing a coolant refresh were all motorad but all still different. The 2000-195 has the jiggler valve.

I drilled a hole in thr 2000-195 and moved on with my life for 6 bucks. The thermostats are very easy to replace.

After seeing this thread this morning, I searched on the bay and the lead listing was for a pair of 195F SuperStats for $10. After completing that deal, I saw many listings for these. Y'all stock up. Oh, I also bought two of the RobertShaws from FlowKooler.

I hate shortages and insulate myself by landing deals when I can. Thanks to you guys who tell us of these situations.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Motorad purchased Stant who closed and sold their Aransas HQ in 2021. No idea if Motorad incorporated any of Stant's designs like their SuperStat into their offerings but early comments on Motorad's thermostats are not so good.

As a point of reference, I purchased a t-stat advertised as MOPAR 52028186AC from Amazon a month ago. I received this in an Amazon box loose with no packaging:
20230220_160639.jpg

20230220_160707.jpg

20230220_160813.jpg

I purchased a t-stat from RockAuto advertised as MOPAR 52028186AC. I received this in "MOPAR Genuine Parts & Accessories" packaging with the MOPAR inventory sticker affixed:
20230317_024436.jpg

20230317_024525.jpg

20230317_024846.jpg

Reactions: Duner
What you received will work fine, make sure to position the hole in its flange at the top when installing it into the thermostat housing.

I recently tried to order a Stant off of Ebay.
It was listed as an original Stant.
When I received a Motorad I bitched to the Seller and he refunded half my money.

As a point of reference, I purchased a t-stat advertised as MOPAR 52028186AC from Amazon a month ago. I received this in an Amazon box loose with no packaging:
View attachment 407961

View attachment 407962

View attachment 407963

I purchased a t-stat from RockAuto advertised as MOPAR 52028186AC. I received this in "MOPAR Genuine Parts & Accessories" packaging with the MOPAR inventory sticker affixed:
View attachment 407964

View attachment 407965

View attachment 407966

I’ve had nothing but issues with these garbage motorad thermostats. I bought a supposed mopar one from “mymoparparts.com” and sure enough it was stamped with a motorad, I’m pissed.

I’ve seen a lot of people as of late have issues with motorad, and I can back that up. I just want a mopar one to be done with it, I can’t be asked to keep draining my coolant and swapping these things out if they are trash.

Reactions: L J
I’ve had nothing but issues with these garbage motorad thermostats. I bought a supposed mopar one from “mymoparparts.com” and sure enough it was stamped with a motorad, I’m pissed.

I’ve seen a lot of people as of late have issues with motorad, and I can back that up. I just want a mopar one to be done with it, I can’t be asked to keep draining my coolant and swapping these things out if they are trash.

I don't have any experience with a Motorad t-stat but if they are an OEM supplier there maybe a difference between their OEM and their aftermarket t-stats.

The 2.4 thermostat is located in such a position that replacing it means you also need to replace the coolant?

The 2.4 thermostat is located in such a position that replacing it means you also need to replace the coolant?

Yes, the way it is positioned the upper radiator hose allows coolant to potentially flow backwards and spill out everywhere.

This picture isn’t the most accurate but it’s a similar idea.

473D2B7F-9ECC-4549-9992-5F724298DF40.png