Gas prices today...

glwood

Jeepless
Supporting Member
When was the last time you saw this:
1544135857214.png

But we were told that gas would never be this low again....[emoji38]

That’s ok, I’m sure someone will sneeze in the wrong direction and it’ll go back up soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a vicious cycle. It's down now, but it will go back up at some point.

It's $2.69 here today, which is the lowest it's been in Oregon for a long time.

WOW!

I know this is good for the consumer but it is getting at a price that the supply side of the market can ill afford for long. As it approaches and dips below the break even point (~ 50.00 per barrel) it will cost more to get it out of the ground that it can be sold for. This means that companies, who cannot afford to operate at a loss for long, will begin to cut costs with the largest operating costs being personnel.

This has ramifications to those not only directly employed on the producer side but also on the support side as well, (think products and services those employees purchase from fast food to cell phones to Jeep parts). At the pump the break even cost is ~ 2.09/gal on average across the country.

However, S&D dictate local prices so that a 1.99 / gal price in Albuquerque is offset someplace else. Here it's ~ 2.50/gal

Over here its cheaper to put Coca-Cola in the tank that gas. :thinking:
Coke $1.50per litre
Gas $2.35 per litre ( that's USD $3.42 !!! )
EDIT ..my maths is not that great but I think there is almost 3.7 litres to one US gallon some Im paying equivalent to USD$ 12.65 per gallon...That's cant be right, can it !!!!!

Last edited:
I’ve seen sub $2 gasoline several places the last two weeks here in TX. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen that! Not good for the oil industry. People getting laid off and fired left and right

I have been working at home and have multi vehicles so I haven't bought gas since it was expensive. I should go fill up my tanks tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Over here its cheaper to put Coca-Cola in the tank that gas. :thinking:
Coke $1.50per litre
Gas $2.35 per litre ( that's USD $3.42 !!! )
EDIT ..my maths is not that great but I think there is almost 3.7 litres to one US gallon some Im paying equivalent to USD$ 12.65 per gallon...That's cant be right, can it !!!!!

Crap! @ 3.785 liters to 1 US gal that's 8.89 NZD at the pump / US gal. However at the current exchange rate (1 NZD = .69 USD) the equivalent price at your pump is 1.62 USD/liter or 6.13 USD/gal. Yikes!

Looks like the tax portion of that is ~.80 cents (NZD) / liter or ~2.08 of tax / US gal.

Last edited:
Living right on the border of PA & DE and working in both I fill up once every week or two in Delaware as it’s always at least 10 to 15 cents less per gallon, earlier this week topped off the tank at $2.13/gallon, ridiculously cheap all things considered.

Remember all the hysteria over peak oil way back when? I’m not sure when it is, was, or will be but it’s inevitable right? Yet, while we barrel-ass towards some sort of reckoning with this resource we seem content to live in denial that it’ll ever come (he said just before gassing up his pitifully inefficient TJ to burn a full tank in one day crawling through the mountains just for jollies :rolleyes::oops::p)

I remember when it hit $1.50 and people thought they'd never be able to drive again.

I think I paid $2.72 last night.