Glad to be here

MyotherrideisaJEEP

I am happy to have finally joined this forum. I’ve wanted a Jeep for several decades and finally decided to pull the trigger. I was looking for a project and found it in a 2001 sport 4.0 with 102k miles. She’s been ridden pretty hard and needs plenty of work. Thank you to all who have contributed to the abundance of information available on this forum. I haven’t turned many wrenches in the last 15 years and the information here, coupled with the FSM, has given me everything I need to tear into my (new) Jeep. Having only had it for a couple of weeks I haven’t really gotten to any of the mods yet. I’ve been bringing everything to a known state and taking care of regular mx. I have know idea how well the PO kept up with regular service intervals. Based on the blown shocks, worn out bushings, rotted bump stops , small oil leak, and fading paint the PO probably didn’t do much in the way of routine mx. So far I have inspected both differentials and changed the oil. Yesterday, I installed a new RMS, pan gasket, and valve cover gasket. Cooling system flush and transmission flush coming soon. I’m waiting to change the transfer case oil when I install SYE (hopefully coming in July or August). I can’t wait to start with the mods. I have a curry lift on order with RS5000x. I haven’t decided on wheels and tires yet but considering I have a Dana 30/35, I probably won’t go larger than 33s. This whole Corona thing had me bored; now I have my hands full.... Thanks again to all. Look forward to posting updates and paying it forward when I can.

Reactions: Chris and Vasq
Welcome from Washington!
Sounds like you're off to a great start. Look forward to seeing you around ✌

So many Floridians on here, that's for sure!

Welcome to the forum, and definitely post some photos when you get a chance (y)

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you’ve studied the forum well, because you’re off to a great start with on your 01. Nice choice of suspension too. Cheers!