Glass Shop Stupidity

Rock hit my window.

Yesterday went to the glass shop, did a work order and left key and agreed to drop jeep off last night.

3 pm today, checked with them.

No sir, we have your key and glass, but no 2003 Jeep here. Nope, just a late model one with smiley faces, sort of like....see attached image

You mean to tell me that they have the key and is the only jeep on the lot and they cant walk over and stick it in the door and figure this out?

Have we gotten that incapable as a workforce?

This is a place that has maybe six or eight vehicles at a time so it’s not like we’re talking about a car dealership. I think something about fourth the size of the dollar general.

If this is the direction things are going in the trades we are in bigger trouble than I ever estimated.

I own a construction company and I deal with a pretty good bit of stupidity...And I’ve seen a guy have a hard time finding a particular door or sort something out in a stack of material but we haven’t lost a vehicle lately...Or have been unable to find a house we have the key to and .

I did have a roofer take the roof off the wrong house one time because he got confused...If you want to send out How good a salesman you are let that happen. God was merciful on that deal.View attachment 249902

Wait... so did they ever find your Jeep? :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
I got in an argument a few years ago, Had a few 2 dollar bills so i went to store to get a pop. the person would not tale the 2 dollar bill. so we had to call a manager to get it figure out. he had to call his boss over. luckily he knew it was a real currency and i got to but my pop,
Next time you need to buy a sheet and perforate them.

https://www.coinbooks.org/esylum_v18n36a40.html

Wait... so did they ever find your Jeep? :rolleyes:
Amazingly yes...but it was very difficult....we had to help them. Seriously.

I never should have left it overnight as it was THE ONLY JEEP THERE , and of course left a key for it , which amazingly only fits that particular jeep,

After much urging that the 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with 5 KC lights they had was very similar to the one I left there last night, and then urging them to be so bold as to venture out on the back lot by the shop door and insert the key...and amazingly they were able to conclude that the windshield they had that only fit that vehicle must be the one to install.

Yes.....seems like a lot of kids now days don't want to leave the nest (basement). I couldn't wait to get out on my own once I turned 18.
Back in the day boys finished school, left home, got married , drafted or took a job...like all the first month out of school.

We have created a society so affluent, you can be pretty sorry and live great.

When i was a kid I remember dying once and my mom told me to walk it off.

Back in the day boys finished school, left home, got married , drafted or took a job...like all the first month out of school.

We have created a society so affluent, you can be pretty sorry and live great.

When i was a kid I remember dying once and my mom told me to walk it off.
I was gonna comment that I got married right after graduating and moving outta the house, but thought better of mentioning it. But being that you brought it up... :sneaky:

Let's face it, it's a different world out there...

I've seen kids 18 years old and older that don't even have a driver's license, they just bum a ride from their friends. I couldn't wait to turn 16 and get my license. On my 16th birthday, my Dad was a logger and working in the woods (no mom at home). I already had a car that I bought at 15 1/2 and fixed up to be ready to go at 16. So on the morning of my birthday, I drove to DMV and took the written and driver's test and passed then drove to school. No one at DMV ever asked me how I got there. :)

My eldest is 29 years old, and living with his Mom (we divorced in '05). He's all about computers. Online college courses. Orders everything he needs online. Mom cooks for him, does his laundry, and provides a roof over his head. In his mind, he's still working on getting the perfect job. We've butted heads on the issue, as I think at this stage in his life, any job would be the perfect job! We all have to start somewhere, but this notion of starting at the top is one I just don't understand. Work your way up, like the generations before you have. Try and fail at life. It'll make you stronger, and appreciate what you have earned even more.

Who knows, maybe I have it all wrong. He has no bills, no responsibility, free housing, and creates his own schedule. Hell, that's all the stuff I'm looking forward to in my retirement!!! :LOL:

I was gonna comment that I got married right after graduating and moving outta the house, but thought better of mentioning it. But being that you brought it up... :sneaky:

Let's face it, it's a different world out there...
It is, and here is what we have going on-

Single young mothers because they get a boy who doesnt want to grow up, why should he? Its a whole lot easier to sit out the game now, you still get a trophy for participation.

kids without dads because being able to reproduce at 18 and becoming an adult at 30 doesn’t make for good marriage and parent material, and smart girls wont put up with it.

young people with too few life skills and very little ability to add value in the workplace....or even be taught to. This is costing companies and the public millions....in countless ways .

Crime rates so high the prisons are full and the police are over run with so many knuckleheads they can’t handle it all.

All this leads to a situation where a free ride is more appealing than the rewards of hard work, because hard work is looked down on by our white collar world...and we have a lot of people that want to offer that in exchange for being in high offices.

I have a 40 plus year neighbor and his parents have custody of his child, and him, and he is having a ball. Coon hunts, mows about 7 yards a week ( a real pro does 30-35 a day) sleeps til noon, takes Xanax and Paxal for his “issues” and just generally has a great time. And his parents were the architects of this lifestyle.

My eldest is 29 years old, and living with his Mom (we divorced in '05). He's all about computers. Online college courses. Orders everything he needs online. Mom cooks for him, does his laundry, and provides a roof over his head. In his mind, he's still working on getting the perfect job. We've butted heads on the issue, as I think at this stage in his life, any job would be the perfect job! We all have to start somewhere, but this notion of starting at the top is one I just don't understand. Work your way up, like the generations before you have. Try and fail at life. It'll make you stronger, and appreciate what you have earned even more.

Who knows, maybe I have it all wrong. He has no bills, no responsibility, free housing, and creates his own schedule. Hell, that's all the stuff I'm looking forward to in my retirement!!! :LOL:
No.....you don't have it wrong. I bet he doesn't have female companionship. What girl would want to date a 29 year old still living at home with Mommy.

He has no problem...he has no responsibility and he is happy . She has all the responsibility and is miserable, or will be eventually. She needs to let him have some problems..like bills, taxes, and all the rest of life we all have to learn to deal with, He has simply found a way to honorably exempt himself from the game. Its pretty common now a days, who wants to hold a kid back from a good education ya know?

No.....you don't have it wrong. I bet he doesn't have female companionship. What girl would want to date a 29 year old still living at home with Mommy.
He has actually said as much to me.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my son. He's intelligent, witty, and an all around great guy. But I believe his mother hasn't done him any favors by allowing him to enjoy this free ride. I suggested he maybe could volunteer at a church, or something, helping folks learn computer stuff. Get his face out there in the public. Make some connections. Maybe even meet a young lady, and develop an actual relationship. He knows how I feel about his current situation. What he doesn't know is that I'm actually starting to become really concerned about it. He's missing out on so much of what Life has to offer...

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my son. He's intelligent, witty, and an all around great guy. But I believe his mother hasn't done him any favors by allowing him to enjoy this free ride. I suggested he maybe could volunteer at a church, or something, helping folks learn computer stuff. Get his face out there in the public. Make some connections. Maybe even meet a young lady, and develop an actual relationship. He knows how I feel about his current situation. What he doesn't know is that I'm actually starting to become really concerned about it. He's missing out on so much of what Life has to offer...
It is normally the women that do this . My mom has my 59 year old brother under her wing. 59. When he went to prison for trying to kill my dad, she built him a house. Now she has decided he has Aspergers and Autism. They charged her like 10 grand to figure this out ....plus continued visits.

What he is is a piece of crap. She has him in a mini storage now , because he messes up tbe garage and gets grease on the cabinets . The drugs arent a problem....but now grease on the cabinets has to be dealt with.

On your son, all that wander are not lost ....and trust me it could be way worse. I started waking up at 26. He will soon. May just take one girl ...and everything changes.

• Sad
Reactions: Squatch

You never stop being a parent, tough to watch what you are sure are mistakes but have no ability/power to help change.