Glass Shop Stupidity

I've seen kids 18 years old and older that don't even have a driver's license, they just bum a ride from their friends. I couldn't wait to turn 16 and get my license. On my 16th birthday, my Dad was a logger and working in the woods (no mom at home). I already had a car that I bought at 15 1/2 and fixed up to be ready to go at 16. So on the morning of my birthday, I drove to DMV and took the written and driver's test and passed then drove to school. No one at DMV ever asked me how I got there. :)
I didn't get a DL until I was 18, almost 19. Then I still didn't really drive until I was 20 when I finished the 2 year electronics program at college and got my first real job (intermittent work at a TV shop during high school and college not withstanding). I didn't see the sense of it. All the kids I knew were spent every spare minute they had working to afford a car to get them to work. A losing proposition as far as I was concerned. I was able to take school busses and/or hitch a ride to get to school and my TV shop jobs - plus I had a TV shop of my own in the shed behind the house where I fixed up old TVs and sold them. My parents offered to buy me car insurance a couple or three times - I told them to save their money - where was I going to go that I couldn't get to already? And this was waaaay out in the sticks on a dirt road at that. Just didn't make sense to me. As a result, I still have some of the equipment I purchased from my TV shop job and my own TV shop endeavour. And that was 45 or so years ago - how many people can say they still have stuff they bought from back then? I still use some of it too!

I spent 2 glorious fun filled years at Tennessee Temple University, I had a blast, partied, "dated" a different girl every week. Then got called into the deans office and was told, no more chances. Either drop out or they would let my dad(a preacher/pastor) know of my indiscretions. I dropped out, got a job, joined the National Guard, got married and never looked back.

I had worked on the farm since I was 7 years old, I knew what and how work life was. Going to College was like a vacation for me and I pissed it away, but I wouldn't take nothing for my journey now!!!!

Well to ice the cake, my clutch crapped the bed as i got home.

58,000 miles....but.....wheeled hard...it was basically trailered when i got it ...was not safe past 45 mph due to control arm bushing failure and general neglect -

A new LUK clutch gets picked up tomorrow

I had noticed an occasional sticky second to 3rd upshift and then a smell...thought it was gear oil from a recent job....then It starts getting real fussy fast, only when running, and no slave cylinder issues and good pedal. But hey, my windshield looks great.
Dang it man!!!!! Get that sucker in!!!!! Next weekend is getting closer every day!!!!

Reminds me of the guy who got arrested trying to buy stuff at a Best Buy with $2s.

Nobody knew they were real bills, so he got hooked and booked.
My cousin in Chicago had terminal cancer and her coworkers took up a collection for her. On the way home from work she stopped at a major grocery store and paid with an old style $100 bill she got in the collection. They called the cops and had her arrested for counter fitting and taken to jail. Once a detective saw the bill several hours later they realized it was legit and they let her go. Very traumatizing to her.

My cousin in Chicago had terminal cancer and her coworkers took up a collection for her. On the way home from work she stopped at a major grocery store and paid with an old style $100 bill she got in the collection. They called the cops and had her arrested for counter fitting and taken to jail. Once a detective saw the bill several hours later they realized it was legit and they let her go. Very traumatizing to her.
Wow, don’t pull out a Buffalo nickel....old guy here....lol

Reactions: lowranger
It is, and here is what we have going on-

Single young mothers because they get a boy who doesnt want to grow up, why should he? Its a whole lot easier to sit out the game now, you still get a trophy for participation.
On this point, I disagree-definitely not only the fault of a "boy". Women have 100% control of the births in this country. If they want a child, it will happen. If they don't want a child, it won't happen. End of story.

I do not blame any of the young men today for sitting out that game. I don't condone it, but I understand it. The odds are stacked against them in every part of their lives now-all oyster, no pearl.
I moved out of my parents home at 17, while working a hard construction job and got into tons of trouble. I never looked back or asked anyone for help. :cool:
I did the same, though military, and the trouble was always handled "in house" if you know what I mean. I would have lived in a cardboard box rather than move back home once my enlistment was up, and I was certainly not ever going to move back to The People's Republic of Ohio :ROFLMAO:. I do go back every once in a while to see my lifelong friends, and I am always sure to bring my passport so I can get back out of there. I tried to rescue them, but they all have Stockholm Syndrome and refuse to leave, even though elsewhere we have electricity and oceans and mountains and mild winters and good coffee and entire days that the wind doesn't even blow. What can you do?

On this point, I disagree-definitely not only the fault of a "boy". Women have 100% control of the births in this country. If they want a child, it will happen. If they don't want a child, it won't happen. End of story.

I do not blame any of the young men today for sitting out that game. I don't condone it, but I understand it. The odds are stacked against them in every part of their lives now-all oyster, no pearl.

I did the same, though military, and the trouble was always handled "in house" if you know what I mean. I would have lived in a cardboard box rather than move back home once my enlistment was up, and I was certainly not ever going to move back to The People's Republic of Ohio :ROFLMAO:. I do go back every once in a while to see my lifelong friends, and I am always sure to bring my passport so I can get back out of there. I tried to rescue them, but they all have Stockholm Syndrome and refuse to leave, even though elsewhere we have electricity and oceans and mountains and mild winters and good coffee and entire days that the wind doesn't even blow. What can you do?
Ohio is like Wisconsin they’re good places to be FROM. I left in 79 and never looked back.

Reactions: glowell222
After exploring what this world has to offer, i went back to school to get a degree at age of 30.
By the time i finished, i think my IQ dropped by 50 points.

Believe me, if you think this is bad, just wait till all confused and entitled 18 year old morons i was studying with get into work force...
At this rate, we will achieve the ultimate level of stupidity by 2505, just like movie Idiocracy predicted

p159395_p_v10_ab.jpg

any of the young men today for sitting out that game. I don't condone it, but I understand it. The odds are stacked against them in every part of their lives now-all oyster, no pearl.
No, if you bring a child into this world you need to be man enough to care for it and raise it right, so we dont have more poorly raised children contributing to the problem.

And this falls on the male and females.

Too many marriages either dont happen or fail...I remember being schocked when i heard of a divorce.

not now.

No, if you bring a child into this world you need to be man enough to care for it and raise it right, so we dont have more poorly raised children contributing to the problem.

And this falls on the male and females.

Too many marriages either dont happen or fail...I remember being schocked when i heard of a divorce.

not now.
You have to be married first to get divorced. Both my kids in their 30s have no desire to get married or have children.

Things started to go down hill when schools decided that all students need to go to college. They have gotten rid out all trade classes. Back when I was in HS we had electronics shop, machine shop, a foundry, auto shop ( both engine and body), and home economics. You could graduate and move right into the trades.

You have to be married first to get divorced. Both my kids in their 30s have no desire to get married or have children.

Things started to go down hill when schools decided that all students need to go to college. They have gotten rid out all trade classes. Back when I was in HS we had electronics shop, machine shop, a foundry, auto shop ( both engine and body), and home economics. You could graduate and move right into the trades.
We have been so busy filling the corner office we forgot to teach people how to build it -Mike Rowe

Not getting married is fine, then dont have kids and neglect to care for them, or worse dump them on the parents.

Its’ wrong.

A similar thing happened recently when someone used a couple $2 bills to pay for something and the store called the cops.