Good country artists?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Curious to know what you guys listen to as far as country goes. I am NOT a fan at all of 90% of the country music they play on the radio (most of which I consider 'bro country'). That being said, I'm interested in both old and new country, but I like that true country sound, not the sort of stuff you hear these days (most of it at least).

So, any good suggestions?

Reactions: Ron505
Chris Jansen. Buy me a boat....and truck to pull it, and a yeti 110 ice down with some silver bullits

I'll check that out! I'm reasonably new to country, and when I turn on the local radio stations I can't stand that type of country they play. It all sounds so 'fake' I guess.

Alabama, anything 1999 and older, NO Jason Aldeen (pansy shit country)

I'll check out Alabama. I hear that Jason Aldeen stuff on the radio and hate it. I am not even sure how that can be considered country music.

I like the sure-nuff country music. This stuff we hear today is more like country rock. George Straight, George Jones, Tammy Wynette and artist of that era. I also like Classic Rock of the 60's and 70's.

Reactions: lowranger and Chris
I like the sure-nuff country music. This stuff we hear today is more like country rock. George Straight, George Jones, Tammy Wynette and artist of that era. I also like Classic Rock of the 60's and 70's.

I've heard some of that and I like it as well. A lot of the stuff you hear today on the country radio stations sounds more like pop music to me than it does country. Some of it doesn't even sound like country at all.

Man, I hate to say it... I can't stand country.

Except Johnny Cash.

and Willie Nelson.

I'm a huge Trent Reznor fanboy. Also, TOOL.

System of a Down.

Very little hip hop/rap...

Not a fan of music that glorifies violence. I have enough violence in my life, I don't want to listen to thugs pretending they know what violence is.

I am pretty much completely anti-rap and hip hop.

To me that isn't even music at all. Most of it is about nothing other than violence, blowing money, objectifying women and bragging about how much money they have.

That's a good one! Those are all names I've heard of and come to like quite a bit. So much better than the so called 'county' they play on the radio these days.

I like country music, old and new. The country videos always have pretty girls, cars, trucks. 4x4s, and even Jeep now and then. What's not to like about that?
Chris Stapleton is a good new artist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron505 and Chris
I just don't like how most of the new stuff on the radio sounds so.... Ugh... I can't think of a word other than bro country.

Reactions: Luke