Good country artists?

Working in the shop, on the road and with the volume down at work I have XM60 Out Law Country on 90% of the time. Really like the Mavericks. And for going down the road the Twang Bangers rendition of "Hot Rod Lincoln" is one of my favorites.

B

Reactions: balfred
Jon Pardi gets the party started. Dude is amazing. Saw him live downtown at 4th street live in Louisville KY. Woman throwing their bras on stage...great performer and singer. Just a really good dude ;) look him up. All his songs are killer.

Jon Pardi? Seems like a ..... hum ... stretch that he is on country radio. Pop mix 100 absolutely.

Brothers Osbourne...

Nathaniel Hawthorne and the Night sweats (S.O.B. is great)

Hank Williams,Hank Jr, Hank the III are all good

Any of the old "outlaws"
Johnny Cash
Waylon Jennings
David Allen Coe
Kris Kristopherson
Charlie Daniels
Etc.​

Brothers Osbourne...

Nathaniel Hawthorne and the Night sweats (S.O.B. is great)

Hank Williams,Hank Jr, Hank the III are all good

Any of the old "outlaws"
Johnny Cash
Waylon Jennings
David Allen Coe
Kris Kristopherson
Charlie Daniels
Etc.​
"Rocky Top", by the Osborne Brothers, is a timeless classic. Never tire of hearing it. The album "Silver Tongued Devil" by Kris Kristopherson gets played in its entirety at my house on a fairly regular basis.

I grew up with classic rock but started listening to country music about 10 years ago. Favorites are Eric Church, Montgomery Gentry, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith and a few others. I agree that a lot of today's acts seem like there’s a corporation behind them finding the exact shade of polish for the sound. Leaves me kind of cold. However, there are some newer artists like Chris Stapleton and the Brothers Osborne with a gritty sound that I like. I’m gonna check out some of these artists that you guys have recommended in this thread.

I grew up with classic rock but started listening to country music about 10 years ago. Favorites are Eric Church, Montgomery Gentry, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith and a few others. I agree that a lot of today's acts seem like there’s a corporation behind them finding the exact shade of polish for the sound. Leaves me kind of cold. However, there are some newer artists like Chris Stapleton and the Brothers Osborne with a gritty sound that I like. I’m gonna check out some of these artists that you guys have recommended in this thread.
Am I to surmise that the Osborne Brothers that I referred to are not the same as the Brothers Osborne? o_O My guys are bluegrass from days gone by...