Goodyear MT/R 35x12.5R15 tires on national backorder

I have 8 new ones in stock in my warehouse in the Bay area if anyone is still looking for a set
(1) Shipped to 92563?
Im a bit desperate, as ive recently left the military, and have a 1500 mile drive to Texas soon.

Last edited:
Can any of you reach out to lonewolf?
As a new member, i cant P.M. anyone yet, and im hopeful to get (1) of the M.T.R.s from him this weekend

Reactions: MikeE024
Can any of you reach out to lonewolf?
As a new member, i cant P.M. anyone yet, and im hopeful to get (1) of the M.T.R.s from him this weekend
Read the PM you received when you joined this forum. Because you’re new I will enable PMs for you though.

Reactions: John Cooper
So, the MT/R Kevlar on 15" wheels is a thing of the past?
Well it seems so though I have no first hand intel from Goodyear. They no longer list the 35X12.5R15 on their site. I've been looking for that tire as well as a set of MRT Kevlars in 315/75R16 for a while now with no luck.

Regarding 315/75R16 tires, I can barely find anything out there right now and its getting infuriating. I was thinking about the Falkens but I'm not paying 388 a tire, then maybe Firestone MT2 but I cnat find any... Probably gonna order some KM3's.

• Sad
Reactions: JMT
Ordered a set of BFG KM3's in 315/75R16 this morning from a large mover of BFG tires and received this email this afternoon:

"Joshua, Unfortunately we are out of stock for this KM3 and BFG is also so I am not able to have them shipped direct. They do not have an RTA when they will be making more. They are slow at building 16” tires. I can refund you back or check a different manufacture if you want?"

I understand the slow extinction of 15's and at some point 16's as well as a supply shortage in raw materials but this scuttling of the 16in tire market by a many tire manufacturers is ridiculous and infuriating. I now must throw away my AEV 16in wheels in favor of buying a now larger 17in set of wheels just to fit into an available set of overpriced tires?

• Wow
Reactions: Tob
Ordered a set of BFG KM3's in 315/75R16 this morning from a large mover of BFG tires and received this email this afternoon:

"Joshua, Unfortunately we are out of stock for this KM3 and BFG is also so I am not able to have them shipped direct. They do not have an RTA when they will be making more. They are slow at building 16” tires. I can refund you back or check a different manufacture if you want?"

I understand the slow extinction of 15's and at some point 16's as well as a supply shortage in raw materials but this scuttling of the 16in tire market by a many tire manufacturers is ridiculous and infuriating. I now must throw away my AEV 16in wheels in favor of buying a now larger 17in set of wheels just to fit into an available set of overpriced tires?
I'm not sure that the slow extinction covers ALL 15" tires? I know that the KM3 35x12.5R15 is in stock and available in my area.

Is there a reason you need to go larger in rim size instead of going down to a 15"?

I'm not sure that the slow extinction covers ALL 15" tires? I know that the KM3 35x12.5R15 is in stock and available in my area.

Is there a reason you need to go larger in rim size instead of going down to a 15"?
No, there is no particular reason to go up in wheel size as opposed to down to 15 other than the practical question of WHEN do they decide to stop making R15's? Have I gone from 16's to buying new 15's just to go through one set of tires then need to buy 17's? The up side to 15's is you save about 50 to 80+ per tire in the 15 size. I'm considering this but wasn't too happy when I saw that Goodyear completely dropped 15s and 16s from their Kevlar list. How long before others follow suit and marginalize many of us in favor of the the flashy JK-L crowd with 20's and larger on their mall crawlers?

And I really like my Made in the USA gunmetal AEV 16in wheels. Searching for 15inch wheels there defiantly is a dwindling of choices out there. But you are right, I'm seeing some 35 R15 KM3's in quite a few places on the internet. I'm going to hold on a little longer in search of some R16's.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
My MT/Rs have been great and I have really like them. The tread has held up really well in the rocks, but over the last year the outboard row of tread has been worn down and rounded off (all the tread has been worn, but the outer edge of the outbd tread seems to have worn the most). This has caused a noticeable loss in traction in the rocks and terrain common to where I normally wheel. I know that reversing the tire on the wheels will put the Kevlar sidewall on the inside, but has anyone ever ran the MT/R backwards? Results?
Rounded outer tread;

PXL_20220429_004050627.MOTION-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

Inner tread:
PXL_20220429_004056021.MOTION-01.COVER.jpg