Grill, smoker, or griddle for camping?

I have a traeger. Left it out all winter, spring and summer in my driveway. Huge winds and rain storms this year. No problems with pellets getting wet.

You all are lucky, my auger is stuck with expanded pellets from water ingress. It was covered the whole time too and I live in a dry climate :/

Coleman two burner with a griddle 90% of the time. Fits great into a good size Tupperware (background) crate with all my other cooking gear.
7A07E74F-0FD9-4294-8857-08CBF1FAD424.jpeg

Also carry a collapsible grate for fire pits (burgers, dogs, steak).

Have been using our little propane fire pit for cooking on occasion as well with all the recent fire restrictions. Just toss the griddle or grate on that as well.

I tried the small Blackstone but found it way too large for my style of camping. I wish they made one the size of a single burner Coleman.

I think he was talking about the pizza oven.

I would agree on the pizza oven. You could make a few things with it but it's sizeable for its utility.

A green egg is also a great pizza oven that has more utility but it's even heavier, more awkward and bigger. Plus an egg needs accessories (eggcessories) to cook a pizza which take up more space. Great for at home not for camping.

yeah, stupid me saw the orange and Blackstone and thought portable griddle, Oh Well stand by my griddle comments but fully agree on the pizza oven.

I 100% agree with the black stone. I own two. One for home and one for my motorhome.

My one trick pony comment was geared toward the pizza oven

Reactions: cliffish
I have an ooni pizza oven, it’s a 1 trick pony but turns out good pizza. I like that I can use pellets or propane.

Apparently you can use it for all types of cooking, but I have 5+ other cooking apparatuses for that. It really doesn’t get enough use on the back deck. It could go camping, but pretty bulky

Griddle top or gas stove. If I grill I prefer charcoal.

I just hate cleaning up gas grills. Maybe I just haven't used the right one - anyone got good suggestions that are easy to clean?

Love our 17" Blackstone when we are out with the toy hauler. Cook every meal on it. Have an adapter to run it off a big bottle. Too big to take on the trail though.

2lbs of asada 🤗

20230613_182059.jpg