Harbor Freight farm jack

rodrigosanz2745

My friend had this "hi-lift" jack that he didn't use use due to the fact that he sold his jeep a few months ago. It hadsome surface rust because he left it outside but he asked if i wanted it. Ofcourse like what type of question is that. So I went on and took on the project of trying to clean it up a bit and make it look better. Here are some pics of the project, now all i need to to get a mount for it. This was the final product
IMG-20190804-WA0012.jpg
20190824_175611.jpg
20190824_193400.jpg
20190827_175614.jpg

Last edited:
My friend had this "hi-lift" jack that he didn't use use due to the fact that he sold his jeep a few months ago. It hadsome surface rust because he left it outside but he asked if i wanted it. Ofcourse lile what type of question is that. So I went on and took on the project of trying to clean it up a bit and make it look better. Here are some pics of the project, now all i need to to get a mount for it. This was the final productView attachment 111828View attachment 111829View attachment 111830View attachment 111831
Nice job!

Sorry to break it to you but guys on here recommend the best place for a farm jack/hi lift jack is in the garage or the farm. Hi lift jacks can be very dangerous and it’s unwanted weight on your jeep. The stock bottle jack would work just fine and 100% safer.
I ended up selling mine to a guy with a JK 😂

Sorry to break it to you but guys on here recommend the best place for a farm jack/hi lift jack is in the garage or the farm. Hi lift jacks can be very dangerous and it’s unwanted weight on your jeep. The stock bottle jack would work just fine and 100% safer.
I don't recommend that! I have mine mounted on the rear of my Jeep and have used mine, along with several other members. Not sure how you can come on here and make a blanket statement like that. A lot of things can be dangerous. Learn how to use it safely.

I gotta admit that a rusty Harbor Freight hi-lift jack just makes me uneasy from the description, but that thing looks pretty damn nice since you cleaned it up.

Reactions: rodrigosanz2745

That's your opinion. The stock jack wouldn't work any of the times I needed to lift the vehicle.

I believe nay-stayers have never actually needed or
used one properly.
I agree, a bottle jack is the jack of choice, but a farm jack used properly can be an asset in time of need. I carry one. Don't use it to jack up the Rig but use it to move trees and rocks etc. to get where you need to.

If you have one then learn to use it properly...never take it for granted, it will bite.
It is a tool if used properly, and proper use is up to the user.

That's your opinion. The stock jack wouldn't work any of the times I needed to lift the vehicle.

Not my opinion I read it on here some other person wrote and it made since to me. I think it was Jerry or Blaine. Maybe the stock jack is not going to work for you but it’s going to work for him. If that’s how his Tj looks in the picture the stock bottle jack would work just fine. We don’t even know if he offroads. A hi lift jack would be a overkill for him if he doesn’t hit trails. Now that’s my opinion. You can tell me if I’m wrong.i don’t mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: rodrigosanz2745
I have yet to find a circumstance where a HiLift did something meaningful that a smaller bottle jack (or a winch) couldn't do just as well and with more safety and control.

Not my opinion I read it on here some other person wrote and it made since to me. I think it was Jerry or Blaine. Maybe the stock jack is not going to work for you but it’s going to work for him. If that’s how his Tj looks in the picture the stock bottle jack would work just fine. We don’t even know if he offroads. A hi lift jack would be a overkill for him if he doesn’t hit trails. Now that’s my opinion. You can tell me if I’m wrong.i don’t mind.

I prefer to form my own opinion on something. People's situations are different, and there's always more than one way of doing things.

I've used one twice on the trail this year, and could have used one 2 different times where I winched up a tree instead.

Reactions: Airjunky
I've argued this point at least 6 times previous. Go look up one of those.

So you just leave your buddy in the middle of the woods? You sound like an awesome person to go wheeling with.

'I'm heading home, build your truck right next time'

I've argued this point at least 6 times previous. Go look up one of those.

So you just leave your buddy in the middle of the woods? You sound like an awesome person to go wheeling with.

'I'm heading home, build your truck right next time'

Yes. Leave him to slowly die alone in woods because he didn't build the rig well. You got me. I'll even go back to his home and antagonize his children about it.