No one's calling weak or whiney...just need to see what the issue is. Do the latches just not extend far enough to catch in the windshield slots?

Reactions: Chris
I agree... I hate to sound like a broken record, but without photos of the latches lined up (or at least lined up as best they can) with the top of the windshield header, we're all just guessing.

Reactions: Tbird Clair
If nothing else, this is proof that it was on at one time...:
69d270a5df72b59b0dbabad88d8b8d10-jpg.7551.jpg

Nice looking TJ, by the way...

Could it have warped stored for the summer outside? I'll do my best to get detailed pics, but honestly it looks perfect.
No way it would warp, i've had my top off for 9 months straight in the Endless Summer here and mine is fine...interior latch pics for sure!

Reactions: Tbird Clair
Any updates?

I took her to the shop to have the suspected electrical issue looked into and asked them to look at the top. They were able to get it on right, so they'll tell me what was off. The day I drove it into town last the winds were very strong and I noticed the top being lifted at highway speeds. It was scary, so I couldn't mess around with it any longer. Picking it up today... I'll find out then what I was missing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris and derekmac
Well, I'm a complete and utter idiot... and now I have to announce it publicly. Everything was fine, I just didn't know that the latches opened up. Go ahead and laugh! I had a good laugh when the guy showed me today [emoji851]

Reactions: EJD and Txbigun
Well, I'm a complete and utter idiot... and now I have to announce it publicly. Everything was fine, I just didn't know that the latches opened up. Go ahead and laugh! I had a good laugh when the guy showed me today [emoji851]
Ok I don't normally publicly laugh at anything like that but since you invited us to do just that... :risas3: :applaudit:

Hahaha... Ockham's Razor strikes again!

It's like I always say, the most difficult answer is usually the simplest solution.

You probably feel really dumb now, huh? Don't worry, I've had my stupid moments as well... We all have!