ALEX98TJKARTER

Florida 54, New Port Richey, FL, United States
Hi, newbie here but this site has helped me countless times over the years.
I recently bought a hardtop from a salvage yard from my 98 TJ. It fits great and I have replaced the lift gate hinges and all is well. I am in process of getting the rear window struts to hold the window up. Unfortunately the top i purchased did not come with rear window mounting brackets. With luck I found them on EBay (apparently they are hard to come across). My question now is does anyone know the proper hardware (screw size/thread etc) to mount them properly? I can not find anything anywhere other than the screws to attach the actual hardtop.

Reactions: Chris
Oh man, I wish I could help you out more. I literally did the exact same thing with my TJ 2 years ago. I bought a hard top from a wrecking yard, but the struts on it were blown, and the hardware was all rusted and nasty. I bought the struts off eBay, as well as the hinges and hardware.

As for the bolts, I ended up going down to ACE Hardware and buying tons of different size bolts. I brought them all home with me and found the ones that fit, then I Went back to ACE and got a bunch of extras. So yeah, it was time consuming, but ACE has everything in stock (your local one should as well) in regards to bolts and hardware. Be sure to get stainless or galvanized so they don't rust.

Hopefully someone else with more knowledge than I have will respond. I didn't keep track of what sizes the bolts were unfortunately. It also doesn't list the size in the part diagrams either.

Oh man, I wish I could help you out more. I literally did the exact same thing with my TJ 2 years ago. I bought a hard top from a wrecking yard, but the struts on it were blown, and the hardware was all rusted and nasty. I bought the struts off eBay, as well as the hinges and hardware.

As for the bolts, I ended up going down to ACE Hardware and buying tons of different size bolts. I brought them all home with me and found the ones that fit, then I Went back to ACE and got a bunch of extras. So yeah, it was time consuming, but ACE has everything in stock (your local one should as well) in regards to bolts and hardware. Be sure to get stainless or galvanized so they don't rust.

Hopefully someone else with more knowledge than I have will respond. I didn't keep track of what sizes the bolts were unfortunately. It also doesn't list the size in the part diagrams either.

Thank you!
Yes I planned on going to local HD or Lowes or ACE now to check if I couldn't find online.Good looking out on the Galvanized or SS. You would think the diagrams would have that info or at least there would be a greater production and discussion of these parts online somewhere. Seems like everyone needs them lol as soon as i figure out the size needed i will definitely post to this thread.

Reactions: Chris
Thank you!
Yes I planned on going to local HD or Lowes or ACE now to check if I couldn't find online.Good looking out on the Galvanized or SS. You would think the diagrams would have that info or at least there would be a greater production and discussion of these parts online somewhere. Seems like everyone needs them lol as soon as i figure out the size needed i will definitely post to this thread.

Yes, if you do find out the sizes, be sure to update this thread, since I'm sure it will come in handy in the future.

I just bought random bolts at ACE, and saved the ones I didn't need. It never hurts to have extra bolts anyways.