Has anyone installed a locking dipstick on a 32RH?

Lou

Don’t drink the koolaid
Supporting Member
Lokar said they have never tested a 32RH so fluid level may not be correct using their 904 dipstick.

Has anyone here specifically installed a locking dipstick on a 32rh?

32rh. I don’t want to hear about how you installed one on a different transmission.

One last time 32rh specifically.

Lokar said they have never tested a 32RH so fluid level may not be correct using their 904 dipstick.

32rh. I don’t want to hear about how you installed one on a different transmission.

I installed a non locking dipstick on a 32rh, do you want to hear about that?

WTF is a locking dipstick?
Is your google broke?

1647948900228.jpeg

1647948849053.gif

Doesn't matter. Order one, don't open it if it is in clear packaging, lay the two side by side, check the length and if it has enough, then check the level marks. If they are off, nothing a few file marks won't fix. If it won't work, return it.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Doesn't matter. Order one, don't open it if it is in clear packaging, lay the two side by side, check the length and if it has enough, then check the level marks. If they are off, nothing a few file marks won't fix. If it won't work, return it.
I was thinking id need to install it and measure where the fill marks sit in relation to the pan surface.

This is the only one ive come across that might work for a TJ and i say that because its 36" long and not 24".

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-1211444-36

Only if you stay with the original dipstick tube.

That just gave me an idea, Im going to run with it.
The old tube and dipstick will still tell the same story. If the dipstick sticks out of the tube X amount and it has a defined line that it inserts into the grommet, just duplicate that on the new one.

The old tube and dipstick will still tell the same story. If the dipstick sticks out of the tube X amount and it has a defined line that it inserts into the grommet, just duplicate that on the new one.
I ordered a few different GM dipsticks for late model trucks. They use a locking mechanism like hughes. Can’t find any specs online to know if the seal will engage the 32 tube properly but they are cheap enough to give a shot.

I’m hoping they are too long and can be trimmed to length and I can add my own marks to them.

I ordered a few different GM dipsticks for late model trucks. They use a locking mechanism like hughes. Can’t find any specs online to know if the seal will engage the 32 tube properly but they are cheap enough to give a shot.

I’m hoping they are too long and can be trimmed to length and I can add my own marks to them.
As long as there is extra length on the tube and stick, the rest is basic. It is very easy to have a machinist turn up an adapter that fits into the seal properly that has an enlarged section for the cut off end of the new tube to press into and get sealed in place with some decent RTV.

As long as there is extra length on the tube and stick, the rest is basic. It is very easy to have a machinist turn up an adapter that fits into the seal properly that has an enlarged section for the cut off end of the new tube to press into and get sealed in place with some decent RTV.
My thought at this time is to use the 32rh tube.