Has anyone out there done the R2.8 conversion in their TJ?

Check the build section. There are a couple recent threads where this has been completed. The names are escaping me at the moment

I saw the dieseljeep has the R2.8 in its listing of goodies. I didn't see the thread of the build. It may be there but I am a bit in the dark when not comes to these forums. If you can guide me to the thread it would be appreciated.

Pockets are not so deep any more, at this point I still have shocks to buy, then its little stuff.

@1945GPW has by far the best write up on it I’ve seen. I was asking all kinds of questions towards the end of the thread thread.

if you have questions they are most likely already answers in that thread.

the Axis kit definitely made it an easier swap.
And you can find discount codes now to buy the motor at $7500 vs the $9k like what the majority of us paid for it

Reactions: Chris
While I was doing the rear axle swap,
Had the Jeep up on the lift. Some old man came up found out what I had done to the Jeep. Told me the Military gets paid too much.

I have four years away from my family. (Not including all the training time) In which I saved my money and made a small pile to make all the Jeep dreams come true.

made me so dang mad

97B42A74-0492-45E3-AE61-F5C32B50D4E6.jpeg

While I was doing the rear axle swap,
Had the Jeep up on the lift. Some old man came up found out what I had done to the Jeep. Told me the Military gets paid too much.

I have four years away from my family. (Not including all the training time) In which I saved my money and made a small pile to make all the Jeep dreams come true.

made me so dang mad

View attachment 133385

You tell that ol' dipshit to go apologize to the closest tree for wasting the oxygen it produces?

I've gotten the same thing from some ex-military old-timers who came up back when GIs didn't have all the benefits we have now and no one really gave a shit about the military (which I understand), but never from a civilian.

Reactions: NDSpeed
I've gotten the same thing from some ex-military old-timers who came up back when GIs didn't have all the benefits we have now and no one really gave a shit about the military (which I understand), but never from a civilian.

it was the auto skills shop on post. So he is probably one of those old retired guys.

I’ll just never get over the fact the Army folks are so ready to demoralize and shit on other Army people. And not the ball busting friendly way. Maybe because I’m Aviation.

14 months to go.

Reactions: Dustoffdax
I was aviation too. Over in Korea. (In the 80's) Stuck on a F-ing cannon cocker base 10(ish) miles from the DMZ. They would constantly rag on us. Consistantly. After that tour I ended up in Va. and it was even worse!
I could get along with the Air Force and Marines with just the standard amount of bullshiting, but regular Army guys? Total assholes. Never understood it.

I’ll just never get over the fact the Army folks are so ready to demoralize and shit on other Army people. And not the ball busting friendly way. Maybe because I’m Aviation.

Yeah, could be. I spent a few years working with the Marines on fighters (as a civilian) and a lot of them said the same thing about the disparity between the ground side and aviation side Marines. The Aviation dudes would get nothing but shit from the ground side dudes, and not in a well-meaning sort of way.

Until the sh*t hits the fan and they are on the radio needing some back up. They suddenly love that helicopter flying in with Hellfires. But back in the base they will crap on us once again!

To the original question.
This motor is awesome.

although right now I’m dealing with fuel gelling since it is -40. Tried to go for a ride with my son last night. We got 5 feet before the motor died. AUGH.
Love Alaska. But I’m tired of winter

Reactions: BugoutJeep
To the original question.
This motor is awesome.

although right now I’m dealing with fuel gelling since it is -40. Tried to go for a ride with my son last night. We got 5 feet before the motor died. AUGH.
Love Alaska. But I’m tired of winter
Only 5 more months to go?

• Haha
Reactions: LittleTankTJ
Love Alaska, hate winter seems like an oxymoron to me. Just cut your diesel 25% kerosene and you should be fine. Don't go past a 50/50 mix or you may have lubricity problems. Good luck to you in the last place that the American is still able to be free!👍

Said I’m tired of winter:p

four months to go. Winter is gorgeous up here. The last two weeks it has been well below -20. Which is the cutoff for pretty much all outdoor activities. Kids are super bored and restless. Need to get them outside and snow shoeing again.

don’t want to bleed the brakes since the axle swap. Floor is frozen in the heated garage.

and when summer is finally here. Army keeps us busy.

23.5 years (all but 2 as an aviator), I used to ask the Infantry guys at Ft. Benning if they knew why there are so many pockets on a flight suit? Shoulder shrug. It's to put all my flight pay in. Then walk away with a shit-eating grin. Any time they would get irritated, I'd remind them that flight school starts every two weeks and I'd be glad to write them a letter of recommendation. FLY ARMY!

The rudest people I’ve met were the civilians working on Ft Campbell ( not everyone but the majority). Never understood why they tried to demoralize us in uniform. Even the civilians in business off post were pretty rude.

have you tried the diesel fuel winter blend to keep your fuel from gelling up?