Has anyone tried OX lockers?

At this point, logic has left the conversation.

Is cable the the most efficient way to connect point A to point B when activating the locker? Why did OX start offering a pneumatic retrofit option to their cable apperatus?

At this point, logic has left the conversation.
Logic left as soon as the "I want shit cables so I can use a screw to lock my axle when they fail" started along with the too many points of failure bullshit. Every god damn fucking thing we do to our rigs adds a level of complexity over what it was stock if we want to improve performance offroad. Using the retarded "logic" that ONE more point of complexity will now take the rig to an unreliable status is just beyond fucking stupid.

Using that logic, no bead locks, no, none, not a single extra electrical component can be added, no air compressors can be added, nothing because OMG! something might fail and all my buddies will laugh and point. Bullshit, large piles of stinky ass bullshit is what that is.

Is cable the the most efficient way to connect point A to point B when activating the locker? Why did OX start offering a pneumatic retrofit option to their cable apperatus?
What about the extra points of failure in a cable? The housing ends are crimped in place, that is two points of failure, the end fittings are crimped onto the cable, that is two more. The shifter has a spring and at least two pivot points that rely on hardware and the retention thereof, so at least three more. The lock knob is screwed onto the shifter, that is at least one more. It has to be retained into the diff cover, so one more point of failure. It isn't like a cable is fucking magic and just stays in place and works. It has the exact same levels of complexity everything else does.

Reactions: jjvw
Oh and cable actuated brakes suck! I removed them from an airplane because they were barely marginal to stop the airplane with an engine running just above idle, hydraulic are much more consistent, simpler, and safer.

Oh and cable actuated brakes suck! I removed them from an airplane because they were barely marginal to stop the airplane with an engine running just above idle, hydraulic are much more consistent, simpler, and safer.
Anyone that succumbs to the "driveaway bullshit when my cable fails" ain't got a hair on their ass if they don't toss the cable in the trash where it belongs and just use the driveaway device when they go offroad. That's how the real men do it.

Anyone that succumbs to the "driveaway bullshit when my cable fails" ain't got a hair on their ass if they don't toss the cable in the trash where it belongs and just use the driveaway device when they go offroad. That's how the real men do it.
To be honest Blaine, I do not understand what you are saying here, but that is ok, I am stupid that way...

You guys are being bullies. This should be a place for civil discussion and debate not a place where we ridicule other people's questions.

To be honest Blaine, I do not understand what you are saying here, but that is ok, I am stupid that way...
Folks place far too much emphasis on the fact that you can push the shift fork over and lock the axle with a small device in the event of cable failure. They tout that as some magical fucking reason to own a particular locker. If the driveaway device is so fucking important and that's what you want to hang your hat on, toss the cable and just use the driveaway device.

That is just Blaine's way of saying that the OP's reason for using an Ox locker was not very logical, there are other lockers that use other methods that are as good if not better at locking the differential.

Folks place far too much emphasis on the fact that you can push the shift fork over and lock the axle with a small device in the event of cable failure. They tout that as some magical fucking reason to own a particular locker. If the driveaway device is so fucking important and that's what you want to hang your hat on, toss the cable and just use the driveaway device.
Now that I understood!

What do you mean? I change the tire.
Exactly. You change the tire because your single point of failure failed and now you have to derive an alternate solution to achieve viable function of the vehicle again. In other words, you know there is the potential for an issue, you prepared for it and now due to that diligence, you are able to get back on the road with a fully functional vehicle. The exact same logic works whether we are dealing with a tire, a spare fuse, a spare solenoid, a spare u-joint, a spare axle, a spare bit of air line with some push lock connectors, some spare wire, etc. The list of things we can repair to achieve full functionality is easy to assemble should the need arise and none of it should be the determining factor to select an otherwise reliable product installed in a responsible manner.

Reactions: Sj's TJ and tworley
Exactly. You change the tire because your single point of failure failed and now you have to derive an alternate solution to achieve viable function of the vehicle again. In other words, you know there is the potential for an issue, you prepared for it and now due to that diligence, you are able to get back on the road with a fully functional vehicle. The exact same logic works whether we are dealing with a tire, a spare fuse, a spare solenoid, a spare u-joint, a spare axle, a spare bit of air line with some push lock connectors, some spare wire, etc. The list of things we can repair to achieve full functionality is easy to assemble should the need arise and none of it should be the determining factor to select an otherwise reliable product installed in a responsible manner.
I don't disagree with your arguments mate, I just think you could have worded it differently. We all have one thing in common on this forum, we think TJs are the shit. I don't want to sound like a hippy but we could be a bit more patient with one another.

I don't disagree with your arguments mate, I just think you could have worded it differently. We all have one thing in common on this forum, we think TJs are the shit. I don't want to sound like a hippy but we could be a bit more patient with one another.
Is pot leal in the UK now?

Reactions: doktormane
I am phenomenally patient right up until the point where I'm not. I have two choices. I can respond a bazillion times to the same tired fucking logic with kindness, civility, and caring with the hopes that it may eventually sink in and the real logic and truth behind some concepts finally become as common as the bullshit justifications, OR, after almost a bazillion times of trying, I can just jump on it hard with both feet and try to stomp it out. I'm out of patience on this subject and folks should be informed that some bullshit is just that.

You guys are being bullies. This should be a place for civil discussion and debate not a place where we ridicule other people's questions.

Dude, this is the Internet, not a sanctuary from microaggression. :eek:

I am reminded of the last time I was picked to sit on a jury. It was a hostile work environment case involving a welding supply business. The plaintiff complained that management used bad language and it made her feel bad. The owner testified that he had never, ever used the word "fuck" in the workplace. Half the jury thought the plaintiff was a snowflake and needed to toughen up, the other half thought that the owner was a lying sack of shit for claiming that he never used the word "fuck." It ended in a hung jury and a mistrial.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sancho