Has Quadratec gone out of business?

eBay has been my main buying site ever since Amazon was delivering fake stuff to me. Stuff advertised as 3M would be a Chinese fake. Between audio stuff and even hockey pucks, Amazon is awful, but eBay has been perfect for me. Never an issue, now I will be knocking on wood while putting a horseshoe on and eating a 4 leaf clover.

I've heard of that issue with Amazon but haven't experienced it myself. At least their return policy is good.

My issues with Ebay usually wasn't the buyer/seller, it was Ebay itself. They're garbage IMO. As a buyer it's ok, as long as you do your due diligence and check the seller out real good. As a seller it's a nightmare. I'd rather just throw my stuff in the trash.

I've heard of that issue with Amazon but haven't experienced it myself. At least their return policy is good.

My issues with Ebay usually wasn't the buyer/seller, it was Ebay itself. They're garbage IMO. As a buyer it's ok, as long as you do your due diligence and check the seller out real good. As a seller it's a nightmare. I'd rather just throw my stuff in the trash.

Ha yeah, as a Seller it's a different story. I prefer selling through the forums or locally on craigslist, else yeah, I am keeping it as a paper weight.

I placed an order on Monday. Didn’t hear anything back by Thursday, so emailed them and sent a PM to @Quadratec (after she posted in this thread). Didn’t hear back from either by Friday afternoon so had to call in. My order still hadn’t shipped so i canceled it since I wouldn't have the parts on time. I have no email confirmation of the cancellation and paypal has already charged my credit card. We will see if i get it credited or if it ends up in a dispute.

Not a great experience but i am hoping it is a one-off related to their system upgrade that seems to not be going as planned.

I had a couple instances of buying something on ebay and then the seller backing out. They'd refund my money but it still delayed the process and caused me inconvenience. I'll buy on ebay under certain conditions, like lots of feedback, a US ship-from location, and a legitimate, detailed description, and a return policy.

I try to buy directly from the source if I can, because Amazon's fee structure is so awful for sellers. But if I can get a Johnny Joint free shipping in two days from Bezos I'll do it rather than wait two weeks and pay $15 to ship it from somebody else.
I will only use ScamBay as a last resort. I've been screwed numerous times.

On a side note, someone I used to work with got totally scammed. He was trying to buy a 1968 Camaro RS/SS that was up for auction. The auction ended because it didn't reach the reserve price. Two days later he received an email to his junk folder. It was the seller with a posting of the car. The seller told my coworker that he had to sell the car asap because he was leaving to go overseas for the military. He offered it up for 25k. Against my advice, he went and pulled 25k out of his equity account to buy it. He sent the seller a cashier's check. He went and rented a truck and trailer to pickup the car. He drove six hours only to arrive at an abandoned house in the middle of upstate NY.
He called the bank, the bank that the check was cashed at, and the police. In the end...he lost 25k, and his wife moved out because he was a dumbass.

I will only use ScamBay as a last resort. I've been screwed numerous times.

On a side note, someone I used to work with got totally scammed. He was trying to buy a 1968 Camaro RS/SS that was up for auction. The auction ended because it didn't reach the reserve price. Two days later he received an email to his junk folder. It was the seller with a posting of the car. The seller told my coworker that he had to sell the car asap because he was leaving to go overseas for the military. He offered it up for 25k. Against my advice, he went and pulled 25k out of his equity account to buy it. He sent the seller a cashier's check. He went and rented a truck and trailer to pickup the car. He drove six hours only to arrive at an abandoned house in the middle of upstate NY.
He called the bank, the bank that the check was cashed at, and the police. In the end...he lost 25k, and his wife moved out because he was a dumbass.
Yikes.

I've bought and sold vehicles on ebay but the same caution applies as Craigslist. Send a deposit (usually $500 or $1000) to hold it and pay the balance in person when you get the title and the keys. A few times it's even gone as far as getting both parties banks involved to trade the funds for the title.

I concur about Ebay. I had a buyer that didn't read my description thoroughly and used eBay's 'buyer protection' as if I was an Amazon store to force me into paying return shipping and taking back an item that I fully detailed as 40+ years used, with 'no returns', images, close-ups and arrows highlighting flaws. He openly apologized that he missed the details in my description, yet ebay took his side. I haven't sold anything via eCrap since. They're trash towards their sellers.

Reactions: Artsifrtsi
Hey there!

I would be happy to look into this for you if you would like to private message me your order information!

We are still very much in business! However we have our network and servers are undergoing important upgrades and maintenance. During this time that you may here that our phones are closed or there will be the training message as the customer service department are working on understanding the new systems to better serve you! Our development team is working diligently to complete this work so that we can once again return to servicing your needs to the fullest potential! Unfortunately, because of the technical nature of these upgrades, the order history is being put into our new system and when that is done that will be again visible on your account on the website.

I would be happy to help with anything I can here on the forum also!

Thank you!
Hailey
Thanks Hailey, you have always come through for me.

Clifton Heights PA my brother from another mother, grew up right down the road from there, spent a lotta time at the Bazaar of All Nations :ROFLMAO:, probably long before your time. Guadios lawn supply, Putt Putt, the theatre, what a great place on earth that was. Don't get down that way too often, pretty sure it's a Home Depot now?

View attachment 312026View attachment 312027
Yep! Home Depot, Acme and a few small stores. I’m not a Delco native, originally from Erie PA and moved this way with the wife. Clifton is Clifton though, not much changes!

Yep! Home Depot, Acme and a few small stores. I’m not a Delco native, originally from Erie PA and moved this way with the wife. Clifton is Clifton though, not much changes!
ha, I'm Del Co to the bone having spent my first 32 years in the heart of it, I hear though I haven't seen that there's an HBO show that pays homage to some of its idiosyncrasies, maybe it's all backhand but it's all good, it's a bit of a unique place - my girlfriend who like you is also not from there but now lives there (& has lived in spots all over the country) always jokes that it's the only place she's ever known that is identified so specifically as a county - a delco thing...

Reactions: Alance323
ha, I'm Del Co to the bone having spent my first 32 years in the heart of it, I hear though I haven't seen that there's an HBO show that pays homage to some of its idiosyncrasies, maybe it's all backhand but it's all good, it's a bit of a unique place - my girlfriend who like you is also not from there but now lives there (& has lived in spots all over the country) always jokes that it's the only place she's ever known that is identified so specifically as a county - a delco thing...
I’m certainly a happy transplant lol! Moved all over Delco our first few years out here then finally purchased in Clifton. Good old Westbrook Park. I still tell people I live just outside of Philly but if they know the area at all and I say Delco you get a pretty solid mix of reactions 😂. It’s a perfectly blue collar down to earth area, has some odd quirks but that’s what makes it special!

Jumping in late here but the thread title says what I'm worried about. I've used @Quadratec for years on my CJ, Gladiator, Grand Cherokee and now a RHD Wrangler TJ (I moved to Australia.) I've got a few thousand dollars of parts I need to get this ol' girl up and running, but I'm being completely ghosted by @Quadratec going on a month now. This is starting to feel like a bad Tinder date....or whatever the kids are doing these days. Is it just me or are there broader issues?

After cancelling my last order, I stupidly placed another one again on March 1st but this time with international shipping to Canada. As of this morning, I hadn't received an update so got a hold of someone through the online chat. Two of my parts were back ordered (despite the website saying in stock) and one of my items had no ETA. They will not do partial shipments since it is an International order. I can completely understand supply chain issues and delays but to not advise me 10 days later that my order is indefinitely on hold seems crazy. I'm done with them.

Is it just me or are there broader issues?
Seems like it is just what has been described here, they are upgrading their systems and things are a bit bumpy.

I'm done with them.
Plenty of vendors out there, I'll bet they'll be back up and running smooth soon. No big deal either way, I can understand jumping ship.

Jumping in late here but the thread title says what I'm worried about. I've used @Quadratec for years on my CJ, Gladiator, Grand Cherokee and now a RHD Wrangler TJ (I moved to Australia.) I've got a few thousand dollars of parts I need to get this ol' girl up and running, but I'm being completely ghosted by @Quadratec going on a month now. This is starting to feel like a bad Tinder date....or whatever the kids are doing these days. Is it just me or are there broader issues?
If it's parts you need, rockauto is your go to, you'll have them in Aus in a week or so. I also use Quadratec a lot, have the odd glitch but generally pretty good.

Reactions: Fishtaco

I know Quadratec are not highly regarded by many. They stock more mainstream parts rather than some of the very high end stuff. I also know there is frustration with things showing in stock and then not being available to ship, often for a considerable time.

Buy yet again, they have demonstrated superb customer service for me. I had Black Max shocks shipped in September. When they arrived the box had been ripped and one of the shock boxes had clearly been opened. I contacted Quadratec and they said they would put a note against the order number. Yesterday, six months later, I went to fit the shocks and found one had a bushing missing. I contacted Quadratec and explained. The response? They are shipping an entire replacement shock to the UK at no cost to me. When I asked about import duties they explained they had already completed a customs declaration saying it is a warranty replacement so there are no costs at my end. Order confirmation was in my inbox before the web chat finished.

The shocks are showing as out of date and not shipping until early April, and the reality is I can’t really wait for weeks for it to arrive so I have sourced some replacement bushings in the UK that will hopefully arrive today and will fit. The replacement shock will end up as a spare. But what more could anyone ask in terms of customer service?!?

Reactions: Fishtaco and Irun
I know Quadratec are not highly regarded by many. They stock more mainstream parts rather than some of the very high end stuff. I also know there is frustration with things showing in stock and then not being available to ship, often for a considerable time.

Buy yet again, they have demonstrated superb customer service for me. I had Black Max shocks shipped in September. When they arrived the box had been ripped and one of the shock boxes had clearly been opened. I contacted Quadratec and they said they would put a note against the order number. Yesterday, six months later, I went to fit the shocks and found one had a bushing missing. I contacted Quadratec and explained. The response? They are shipping an entire replacement shock to the UK at no cost to me. When I asked about import duties they explained they had already completed a customs declaration saying it is a warranty replacement so there are no costs at my end. Order confirmation was in my inbox before the web chat finished.

The shocks are showing as out of date and not shipping until early April, and the reality is I can’t really wait for weeks for it to arrive so I have sourced some replacement bushings in the UK that will hopefully arrive today and will fit. The replacement shock will end up as a spare. But what more could anyone ask in terms of customer service?!?
I've ordered things from them over the years. Communication has always been excellent and any issues I had were resolved promptly.

Screenshot_20220322-072538_Chrome.jpg

As an IT guy, I can tell ya that data migrations and system changes can have some delays and hiccups. I'm not worried about Quadratec. Well, unless they hold my whole order because of a $3 sticker that's out of stock. (Gotta meet that free shipping threshold).