Help identifying leak on 2002 Sahara

jeepygirly98

I have a leak that only appears after being parked for an extended amount of time. I drove it yesterday and checked this morning - no leak. Checked it this afternoon and there the leak is. Been like this about a week . First pic is of the leak in the pan, second pic is where I think its coming from. Third & fourth pic is what the leak is dripping onto before it hits the pan. Does anyone what part that is in the second pic or how to identify it? This is coming from more towards the front of the car. My check light has been on & off (for about a month) with an evap leak code but i was told its just my gas cap. Not sure if that helps. Appreciate any advice thanks !

IMG_3132.jpeg

IMG_3145.jpeg

IMG_3134.jpeg

IMG_3146.png

Most likely you’ve got a water pump failing.

Keep your coolant jug at the full mark until you get it checked ... need to get it checked asap.

I have a leak that only appears after being parked for an extended amount of time. I drove it yesterday and checked this morning - no leak. Checked it this afternoon and there the leak is. Been like this about a week . First pic is of the leak in the pan, second pic is where I think its coming from. Third & fourth pic is what the leak is dripping onto before it hits the pan. Does anyone what part that is in the second pic or how to identify it? This is coming from more towards the front of the car. My check light has been on & off (for about a month) with an evap leak code but i was told its just my gas cap. Not sure if that helps. Appreciate any advice thanks !

View attachment 481927

View attachment 481928

View attachment 481929

View attachment 481930

UPDATE: my power steering fluid was pretty low but coolant level was okay. Topped off the power steering fluid and will check again if I see a new leak.

Coolant will have an oily feel to it but will clearly be water. Power steering fluid will smell completely different and feel more like a solvent.