Hi-lift mounting options

Have a 60” (if you want it, come get it) new in my garage. Have Offroad plate, wheel lift, all included.

Came with a used rig. I hate the things. I keep a strap for tire changes.

IMHO Hi Lifts have a ton of uses and are dangerous if your not aware of how to use them properly and where not to stick your body parts. I would use the factory bottle jack before the Hi Lift to change a tire, why not that is why it is in the jeep from the factory. If the ground is to soft, dig it out and stick rocks or branches in the hole, build a base if you don't carry one. As far as storing a Hi Lift (since they rarely get used) I take mine apart, put the I beam on the back bumper and the rest in the tool box inside the jeep.(cleaner, less crap on the outside to get hung up)
Don't forget it is possible to drive the jeep(axle) up onto a rock, log, possibly a dirt berm or ridge to support the tire in need off the ground, digging under the tire if needed. Change tire, axle, u-Joint etc, then back off the support.
I have used a Hi Lift in a river channel to extract a jeep out of several feet of water with the spare tire under the base to keep it from sinking in the soft sand(A rescue mission). Any other type of jack would have at best sucked to use in that situation if even possible.
No one jack can do it all, have options. (or friends lol)

I have seen the aluminum HF floor jacks with the skid plate added, intriguing,,,,, I have never used one out on the trail but use my big floor jacks in my shop all the time.

I know this is an old thread, but I love the hi lift jack, and I could not be without one. I have 2 actually, one on my cj5, and I am trying to decide where to mount one on the wrangler. Also, depending on your rig, they are invaluable, not macho jewelry. I recently had a flat in the tj, and really wished I had my hi lift jack, like on my cj. The factory jack worked, and even a decent bottle jack may have worked, but it sucked. I had to get on the ground, and half crawl under the jeep. A hi lift makes it so much easier. And they are utility, they can be used as a winch, and also as a spreader, and to push for lack of better word. They are still made in America, and pretty great, just my opinion. I always have mounted mine to the rear bumper with the factory hi lift mounts. its out of the way, and does not detract of the look of the jeep, plus adds an extra bumper in case of a fender bender lol. prally where ill put the jack on my tj dd. hope this helps. For me the hi lift jack is priceless piece of mind, just like my winch and radio.

I know this is an old thread, but I love the hi lift jack, and I could not be without one. I have 2 actually, one on my cj5, and I am trying to decide where to mount one on the wrangler. Also, depending on your rig, they are invaluable, not macho jewelry. I recently had a flat in the tj, and really wished I had my hi lift jack, like on my cj. The factory jack worked, and even a decent bottle jack may have worked, but it sucked. I had to get on the ground, and half crawl under the jeep. A hi lift makes it so much easier. And they are utility, they can be used as a winch, and also as a spreader, and to push for lack of better word. They are still made in America, and pretty great, just my opinion. I always have mounted mine to the rear bumper with the factory hi lift mounts. its out of the way, and does not detract of the look of the jeep, plus adds an extra bumper in case of a fender bender lol. prally where ill put the jack on my tj dd. hope this helps. For me the hi lift jack is priceless piece of mind, just like my winch and radio.

Buy the hood mounts. It looks really cool. The jack acts as a projectile when you rear end someone. :LOL:

LONGJP2 hahaha I have been on this forum before but idk if I lost my usser name or never had one lol i am not too good with computers to say the least.
But I do like this form and have found it invaluable when working on my tj, and id like to help others with what I have learned as well, that being said I was kinda shocked at the hatred towards the jack, and I wanted to add my 2 cents lol

Reactions: Wildman
And could really use some light heartedness also, lately current events have been messing with my head, if you know what I mean.

You need to make a pilgrimage to Bloomfield, Indiana. Only then will your life be whole.

448889552_997607805708320_6091261047735370772_n.jpg