High speed vibrations after lift install

rhauseriii

I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler that has a Pro Comp 2 inch lift with 32 in tires. Ever since the lift and tires there has been a vibration, mainly from my seat and center console, that starts at 50mph and gets worse and worse as I go faster to the point where the vibrations shake the mirrors where I can't see out of them. I figured it was the tires being out of balance, so I got then balance three times by two different shops, one being a dealer. However, the same vibrations remained so i had the dealership look at it agin for other causes. They said it is not uncommon for vibrations like this in an old jeep and also that the driveshaft is at an extreme angle. Could the drive shaft be the culprit, and how should I fix it? A slip yolk eliminator?

Last edited:
Do you have a SYE and double cardan driveshaft? If not, that's your issue.

When you lift it, you need to have both, as well as adjustable control arms so that you can adjust the pinion angle up.

Either that or you need to lower the transfer case an inch or so.

Do you have a SYE and double cardan driveshaft? If not, that's your issue.

When you lift it, you need to have both, as well as adjustable control arms so that you can adjust the pinion angle up.

Either that or you need to lower the transfer case an inch or so.

I don't have either the SYE or the double cardan driveshaft. However, I did install a one inch transfer case drop. Maybe that wasn't enough?

I don't have either the SYE or the double cardan driveshaft. However, I did install a one inch transfer case drop. Maybe that wasn't enough?

Yep, sometimes you need a bit more, it can vary from vehicle to vehicle and there is no “right” amount, just whatever it takes to make the vibes go away.

Yep, sometimes you need a bit more, it can vary from vehicle to vehicle and there is no “right” amount, just whatever it takes to make the vibes go away.

So if i were to install a slip yolk eliminator and an adjustable driveshaft, would I need new adjustable control arms?

Last edited:
So if i were to install a slip yolk eliminator, will i need both a new driveshaft and control arms?

You’d need the SYE, a new double cardan rear driveshaft, and adjustable rear control arms.

The front driveshaft doesn’t need to be changed.

I looked into every possible cause for a high speed vibration including u-joints, balancing the tires, wheel bearings, pinion angle, you name it. Turns out the front drive shaft had a dollar coin size dent right in the center. I took it out and it drove flawlessly with zero vibrations at any speed.

Reactions: khakitj