Horn not working

I think Im just going to go to the junk yard and buy a new horn cover...see if that works.
Throwing money at a problem is certianly a method of troubleshooting but it can get expensive. Jerry is 100% right IF the relay is working the problem must be down stream of the relay...i.e. wiring or the horn itself. Take the horn out and connect it to the battery and see if it sounds. If it does the problem is in the wiring.

s-l300.jpg

First thing I thought of when I saw the title :D

Reactions: JeepDew
Wait, you already confirmed the relay is clicking which verifies the horn button IS working so replacing the horn button/cover would accomplish nothing. As said above.... if the relay is working, that isolates the issue to between the relay and the horn. And with the relay working, that would automatically make me suspect the horn or the horn's ground connection. There are no fuses or other circuits between the horn relay and horn.

View attachment 29092
UPDATE: I just went outside to confirm that what I heard was clicking at the relay.... conclusion is that I need to stop drinking beer while working on the Jeep....:(
No noise from the relay, even switched relays with no success.

UPDATE: I just went outside to confirm that what I heard was clicking at the relay.... conclusion is that I need to stop drinking beer while working on the Jeep....:(
No noise from the relay, even switched relays with no success.
From Jerry's post the fuse is in position 18 in the PDC.

UPDATE again... went outside... found the blown fuse just like Jerry's diagram.... here the new problem.
put in the new fuse, horn won't stop beeping
and not sure if its related... the windshield wiper fluid won't spray now...

Lets first fix the horn, then worry about the windshield wiper fluid

Last edited:
Hi guys, please move if wrong location, still trying to figure out where to post certain questions.

Ok, so my daughter's Jeep horn does not work. I took apart the horn area at the steering wheel and all cables looked to be intact. The relay looks fine under the hood and wiring to horn looks good.

when I hit the horn, mechanic is telling me no electricity is coming to the horns.

What needs to be changed....

Thanks for the help in advance

JeepDew
Probably in the steering wheel. I drove my MJ for 9 yrs with no horn. No big deal, no hardship. Horns don't blow away whatever you're honking at ahead. But I also don't like things that don't work.