Host F550 4X4 Motorhome Quad Slide 330

Yes, will be staying in Yellowstone for 3-4 days plus Rushmore for a few days. And then in Nebraska for 4 days.
We are planning on using the pellet grill during those times. My BIL has a big pellet grill so he's going to be coaching me on how to use it.

What's in Nebraska? Done that road trip a couple times. Yellowstone is amazing as is most of Wyoming. The northeast corner is underrated. Been through Rushmore a couple times as well but wished I visited more of the black hills. Nebraska wasn't memorable.

Reactions: Wildman
What's in Nebraska? Done that road trip a couple times. Yellowstone is amazing as is most of Wyoming. The northeast corner is underrated. Been through Rushmore a couple times as well but wished I visited more of the black hills. Nebraska wasn't memorable.

My BIL is from Omaha and it's his sister's 70th birthday. It's a surprise that we're coming out for it. I've never met most of his family also.
And he's a big Huskers fan so we're going to a game while we're there.

I just found this thread, so didn't know the reason. I drove from Puyallup, WA to Siren, WI once when I was 14 (rode with my family). I've driven from Chelan, WA to Jersey City, NJ some years before I moved to Toronto. Enjoy the drive, parts of it are epic and the drive you plan sounds like multiple memory making spots.

I just found this thread, so didn't know the reason. I drove from Puyallup, WA to Siren, WI once when I was 14 (rode with my family). I've driven from Chelan, WA to Jersey City, NJ some years before I moved to Toronto. Enjoy the drive, parts of it are epic and the drive you plan sounds like multiple memory making spots.

In 1981 I drove from Buffalo, NY to Fairbanks, AK via Santa Maria, CA & then in 1989 I drove from APG, MD to Tacoma, WA.
In 1992 I drove from Monterey, Ca to Buffalo, NY & then back to CA but to Kernville.
I was a OTR truck driver for 5 years and made a lot of cross country trips.

This is a combo trip. My niece had gotten very heavy and her mom & dad made a deal that if she could lose 100 lbs they would take her to Yellowstone & Rushmore. So she has and this is her reward for doing so. They'd originally planned on driving and staying in motels and then my BIL had the idea to ask if I was interested in going on the trip. So they offered to pay for 100% of the expenses and I'm just along for the ride. And it's a good chance for me to test out my motorhome.

New headlights on the motorhome.

These stock headlights are like the TJ lights so I'm replacing them.

20230929_114508.jpg

20230929_121741.jpg

20230929_124911.jpg

Can't really tell how bright they are in the daylight.

20230929_124954.jpg

Hi Beams

20230929_125236.jpg

And shot at night

20230929_191849.jpg

We'll see how they are in a few days.

20230929_191903.jpg

After I installed the headlights I started working in the stereo install. But I didn't get any pictures yet. And then it got too dark to finish off the install so I'll have to finish it off tomorrow.

Reactions: Alex01 and reddvltj
So for those installing a aftermarket stereo with steering wheel controls I can't say enough about Maestro. You program this module with your computer and boom your steering wheel controls work.

20230930_103354.jpg

They sell a wiring harness that is plug and play with the factory features.

20230930_103401.jpg

While I was adding things I also installed a front view camera.

20230930_103648.jpg

20230930_132845.jpg

Big fancy radio gone.

20230930_103411.jpg

I did get a spare aux in plate to drill out and installed a USB plug.

20230930_103425.jpg

Stereo installed. It's a Kenwood DNX577S. Not super fancy but it has all the features I wanted. They used to make a RV version of this radio but now it's a larger 10" floating version. But it was $$$$ ($1700) so I chose not to spring for it. I might add a Garmin RV GPS at some point.

20230930_142553.jpg

Last edited:
So for those installing a aftermarket stereo with steering wheel controls I can't say enough about Maestro. You program this module with your computer and boom your steering wheel controls work.

View attachment 461796

They sell a wiring harness that is plug and play with the factory features.

View attachment 461797

While I was adding things I also installed a front view camera.

View attachment 461800

View attachment 461801

Big fancy radio gone.

View attachment 461798

I did get a spare aux in plate to drill out and installed a USB plug.

View attachment 461799

Stereo installed

View attachment 461802

Zorba will be less dissatisfied with your choice! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I don't blame you, the Dash looked so much cleaner with the other one installed.

I'm going to keep working with them to see if we can figure out a fix. The Auto Climate control was the biggest issue for me and I'm going to see if I can get them to send me another radio to see if it acts the same way. If I could get that working I could probably use the Maestro for the steering wheel controls.

All the other companies that offer these large screen radios start at 2009 & up so IMO I think it's a canbus issue with the 2008 truck.

Reactions: reddvltj
They kept asking if my sWC worked with the stock dash or if the Auto Climate control worked so I took a video for them.

Reactions: reddvltj

If you are a gearhead the Speedway Museum. It is not open every day so check the calendar. I only had one day in town and it was closed.

https://www.museumofamericanspeed.com/

• Love