How can I get a smoother ride and go down in lift height?

A lot of people here, including myself, have done the 2.5" lift consisting of OME springs with Rancho RS5000x shocks. I love it so far, drives great (for a jeep) and it looks good with the 32"(ish) tires IMO. That being said I love the looks of your jeep how it is, I'd consider working on your existing setup as there's definitely some things you can do that will help it drive better.

View attachment 335245

I just picked up a 2005 rubicon a couple months ago and just ordered some two inch springs. Also ordered the Rancho 5000x shocks. I have a bad left leg and didn't want to go to high. I like the looks of yours. I'd like to run 32's eventually.

Drop it.

Get better shocks.

Hello, I have a 2003 TJ X which has a old 4” skyjacker lift. The tire are 33/13.5/15. The Jeep rides really bad and as I get older I can’t handle the rough ride. Does anyone have any ideas on how to smooth the ride? I was looking at a RC 2.5” lift with 31” tires. Are there any issues going down with lift? Thanks

View attachment 335237

good looking ride sir!

I'll add to this instead of starting a new post. Do most here agree that if I were to install 2.5" lift springs on my 2006 TJ, I would also need to add a lowering kit or spacers to the transmission skid plate? Or drive it first then adjust as needed? And the front suspension coil springs I believe are original. With the weight of the Jeep on them, the length is 11". Looking through the forum I see 12" mentioned. Time for new coil springs?

buy an old school lifted CJ..after riding in that for awhile, it will make it seem like you're riding on a cloud when in your TJ

6C4B1764-FE81-451C-879B-B0FC48886564.jpeg

Just did it this week! My TJ feels like a Caddie! Ha

Gotta get to work on making my CJ5 better, but with the 5 wheel base, it bounces when you hit a bump for sure, ha.