How do you clean your hands?

When I was wrenching full time Goop was the best as it didn’t dry my hands out and crack. i would wash my hands 10-15 times a day as I had to take calls all the time.

I forgot to mention there have been times when dawn wasn't touching it (usually really thick grease or paint) that I've used acetone. Best part is that it dries up in seconds so I don't even have to dry off!

I am a believer in Dawn. I also use a Martha Stewart vegetable brush that I absconded from the wife. Best hand cleaning brush I’ve ever used.
s_613a512eae766f8bd0578c05.jpg

I've tries Goop, GoJo, The Orange shit and what ever else the shop buys. I think it is all crap.
I buy SnapOn Nitro Gold. I think it's the best stuff out there. It takes everything off.
WOD2025ACSA.jpg

I've used orange stuff fairly often and it seemed to work OK. I still have a large jug in the basement but also had a small one in the shower.

The one in the shower got emptied and of course I failed to replace it before hopping in. So I used the scrub brush with the shampoo that was already suds up in my hair. It did decent so I tried it directly to my hands, I won't say it's the best in the world but it's doing a far better job than the orange stuff ever did.

I will be getting some green or maybe the yellow stuff mrblaine mentions as it's probably better than shampoo but so far, so good.

I don’t, I wear latex gloves 😉
In actuality, @Chris is the smartest one. I have to sit through a hazzardous material seminar evey year.
The #1 method of exposure is absorbtion through the skin.
I never bothered with gloves up until 5 years ago.
Now anytime I'm working with chemicals (brake clean,carb cleaner, etc.)
I wear gloves.
I know too many old skool technicians that have gotten sick from chemical exposure over the years.
One of our tool guys that was a tech for years recently passed away from Thyroid and blood cancer.
He was told it was due to his years of exposure to shop chemicals.

In actuality, @Chris is the smartest one. I have to sit through a hazzardous material seminar evey year.
I wear gloves.
I know too many old skool technicians that have gotten sick from chemical exposure over the years.
One of our tool guys that was a tech for years recently passed away from Thyroid and blood cancer.
When I was a Toyota tech, the guy in the stall next to me is who got me started on gloves. He didn't do anything without them, and he talked a lot about absorption through the skin, the stuff we handled, and all the health problems it could lead to. He described himself as "not a smart man", but I recognized his wisdom in this area and have kept a box of nitrile gloves on hand ever since.

Reactions: williambmac
I wear gloves.
Yep, I don’t want those chemicals in my hands. Same reason I don’t wear sunscreen and just cover up instead. Who knows what’s in some of that crap or what it does to you long term.

Reactions: williambmac
Yep, I don’t want those chemicals in my hands. Same reason I don’t wear sunscreen and just cover up instead. Who knows what’s in some of that crap or what it does to you long term.
If I remember correctly, U.S. made sunscreens are banned in Europe due to some of it's ingredients.