How do you organize your tools?

Isn't it a sign of the end times when Snap-On shall lie down with Craftsman?
Snapon used to build some craftsman tools, I have a few Of them. Same part number. But now craftsman is owned by Stanley and was offshore Before they were bought. Just not good quality anymore

Holy crap you guys have a lot of tools!

I've just got my 1 tool box full, I guess its a good amount for a 16 y/o...

C8C1A9C4-54E8-43AC-ACAB-62E60B4AA7A7.jpeg

I am looking at tool widget and the tool grid for work. Problem is that I travel and I have too many tools to be in my travel kit and or work box

Made a bunch of dividers for my drawers when I worked in a Dept. with a nice brake and shear.
Really helped keep things in place when I moved my box with a fork lift. Especially outdoors.

My metric wrench drawer
D05A355E-92E7-4DB6-AE4C-7BC13B60F1C3.jpeg

Pry bars, large files, adjustable wrenches etc.
77D56CB5-7B1F-4BB2-98F0-FE3353F05BCF.jpeg

Last edited:
I went the peg tray route, but any future expansion would involve finding something slimmer like the rails I had them on before the tool box addition for my collection. the peg board has quite a bit of wasted space in width. picked these peg boards up at harbor freight but Lowes sells exactly identical ones under the gearwrench brand for $2 less.
60B39B16-B310-40F3-AD62-504DE4D3B7B7.jpeg

I'm a firm believer in keeping the stuff you use all the time easily accessible. So, my common tools are hung on the wall, right in front of me. Its a various mixture of organization stuff I've collected over the years. The Socket rails are Ares. The screwdriver holder came with the pegboard kit. Same with the hooks most everything else on the boards. That kit is from Wall Control. I also have a Lista magnetic holder for my 1/4" stuff. I'm not a fan...it collects too much metal dust. The ratchets are being held up by some rubbermaid kit that I picked up from somewhere...don't even remember. Same with the extensions. I'm still tweaking, but this core group of tools gets used a LOT and it works pretty well for me.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DY3DCZ9/?tag=wranglerorg-20
1645332234610.png

My toolboxes are a perennial work in progress. Here are a couple drawers I'm not too embarrassed to show.

Some more wrenches

1645332646141.png

and my screwdriver drawer. This gets out of whack fast! Its supposed to be phillips on the left, slotted on the right, 1/4" bit handles back center, Detail Screwdrivers in the front center, and the rest of the crap in the center, center. Ugh...its giving me an eye twitch...just like the rest of my shop. SO HARD TO KEEP ORGANIZED

1645332808104.png

Pegboard works great to store bulky items that would take up a lot of room in drawers or cabinets.

This wall is an arms reach from my table saw.
It holds jigs, fixtures, etc. for the table saw, band saw, and drill press among other things.
88ABE328-761D-4F08-A3C7-3E0A807FA613.jpeg

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I really want to make an 80/20 wall that would allow for horizontal and vertical adjustment of any shelf or hanging device. I can't stand the look of pegboard for some reason, although the functionality can't be argued with. Too bad it would cost a fortune. One of these days maybe...

I really want to make an 80/20 wall that would allow for horizontal and vertical adjustment of any shelf or hanging device. I can't stand the look of pegboard for some reason, although the functionality can't be argued with. Too bad it would cost a fortune. One of these days maybe...
80/20 is some cool stuff!
We used it occasionally at work to fabricate custom guards when life testing parts.

I saved what ever pieces I could if something was scrapped.

If peg board isn’t for you, look at the panels @Mike_H uses in his above post #51.
I’ve seen these panels on a site called (I think) “Wall Control”.
Sometimes these panels are referred to as “slots and dots”