How fast should you be able to go?

Not applicable to the MBZ - but I didn't know that. That's pretty stupid, I'd expect the needle to read correctly on any/all vehicle(s). Its not rocket science - but I've known some electronic dashes to not even be able to keep the correct time! *shrug*
Newer BMWs read about 2mph fast on the gauge, including the digital readout, by design.

Not applicable to the MBZ - but I didn't know that. That's pretty stupid, I'd expect the needle to read correctly on any/all vehicle(s). Its not rocket science - but I've known some electronic dashes to not even be able to keep the correct time! *shrug*
All newer cars in australia are running under the speed shown. my TJ runs right with the GPS my new work truck GPS is on average 7KPH slower than the speedo about the same as my last truck and my wife's Hyundai, not too sure why they do this?

I never drive above 70MPH not sure why anyone would want to go over 70 in a TJ?
Semi,s here are governed at 68MPH with max speed allowed 62MPH on 8 ton and above , GPS tracking is monitored by companies for fuel usage and speed as well as Idle running times so unless its an owner driver who has altered the governor trucks are doing 68 max.

Easy in 5th gear but all stock.
4.0 with the horrible 3.07 ratio.. just a try with nobody around. Hardtop's whistles keep me company more than the radio music :LOL:

E086C4BE-1F97-4574-9190-708DBABCF602.jpeg

Last edited:
And same terrible gear ratio !
..Keeping wondering why EU speedos in km/h are faster btw :rolleyes:
I took that pic after regearing to 4.56 and not changing speedometer gear, that was me doing 60mph(100kph)
When i was on 3.07 , i got it to 113mph (180kph) going down the hill, gps confirmed. So technically EU version is spot on, i guess they knew that Jeep would have to break laws of physics to go any faster than that.

Going that fast, my guess is that your gas gauge was full when the camera started to focus, and burned a quarter tank in the time it took to snap the picture!!

:)
LOL :ROFLMAO:
That is roughly how it is when i put it in 4 low, i swear not even 5 minutes into it and quarter is gone.
What is interesting, past 65 mph i don't burn that much more regardless of going 65, 70 or 85, difference is around 1.5 mpg at most.

I took that pic after regearing to 4.56 and not changing speedometer gear, that was me doing 60mph(100kph)
When i was on 3.07 , i got it to 113mph (180kph) going down the hill, gps confirmed. So technically EU version is spot on, i guess they knew that Jeep would have to break laws of physics to go any faster than that.

LOL :ROFLMAO:
That is roughly how it is when i put it in 4 low, i swear not even 5 minutes into it and quarter is gone.
What is interesting, past 65 mph i don't burn that much more regardless of going 65, 70 or 85, difference is around 1.5 mpg at most.
I was talking about the full scale value, the EU version of the speedo has higher Vmax !

I could never get mine over 100mph stock. I tried tho. It would only rev 3000 rpm in 5th gear

Hurry to the next gas station because your gas gauge is about to peg.
Ahahah not mine, it’s bi-fuel, so zero emissions too (and zero bad smell when going top down!).
I have 2 fuel tanks so, one for the gasoline (factory) and other 40+ litres for the gpl 😊😊😊

Rome city laws are very stricts in order to keep pollution levels low.

Reactions: alittleoff