How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

Now the braise
54C820A9-D198-4666-99D0-802B1095F7B9.jpeg

No smoking involved in this one.
just practicing for Christmas dinner. We got shipped a bone in rib eye box by mistake so me and 2 other guys bought the 9 bone racks. One each
Cut into 6 massive steaks and 1-3 bone roast I’m gunna smoke

Spectacles, testiculs, wallet and watch
Holy mother Bloody Mary
D5BBAAE3-C8DF-41EE-B480-74E2A888C41B.jpeg
B008CA73-B557-4168-A517-1CE002BEE57C.jpeg

I have a Grilla-Grill and will once again be putting a Prime Rib Roast on for X-mas. It has worked fantastically every year I've had the grill. Looking forward to it again this year. I'll be starting the dry brine on Thursday morning....

Reactions: MikeM and DrDmoney
If I ever jump to a pellet grill I will be looking at grilla or rec-tec bull.
The Grilla upright model is both a fantastic smoker and a great high temp grill. With the heat deflector fire box and grates all in alignment you can easily sear a steak and get it to 500 degrees in a matter of minutes.

They guys who sell them are first rate as well.

Reactions: MikeM
I have not done a tri-tip, don't know much about them and have never seen one in the store.
mostly a west coast thing, I used to have a friend bring them from Costco in CA back to me in NY (she is a private flight attendant) were only $5.99/lb. I have now found them in NY at a restaurant supply house.

Reactions: Thunderhead
Nice Tri-tip in the upper left

It’s Wagyu 🤗

yes it is! If you have never smoked/reversed seared a tri-tip you are missing out. In some places it is very hard to find.

A smoked reversed sear is the plan for it
We did a 4-bone in ribeye for Christmas

Never used to see tri tips in Houston in the past. You'd have to literally ask the butcher to cut you one. But past few years my go to store has them everyday and they're cut very well. Love making them for friends too especially the ones that don't know what they are.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Never used to see tri tips in Houston in the past. You'd have to literally ask the butcher to cut you one. But past few years my go to store has them everyday and they're cut very well. Love making them for friends too especially the ones that don't know what they are.
On the east coast they were always ground into chop meat (at the same time sold on the west coast for a $1.99/lb as a steak). As it is catching on, of course, the price is rising. Especially that there are only two tri-tips per cow!