How much is a hardtop worth?

egclassic

TJ Enthusiast
I am debating selling my hardtop, that is in perfect condition and going with a soft top.
Just wondering what I should start out asking for the hardtop?
Also, looking at soft tops, I am a bit confused. I will need a complete setup as I do not have any OEM hardware.
I would like one with the functionality of the OEM, whereas, it folds completely down and not just the Sunrider feature, only open above the front seats.
Looking for recommendations.
Thanks!

If you want a soft top, then buy a Bestop Supertop NX. If you want to save 10%, today is the last day for the mail in rebate promo.

I sold my hard top here in UT for $1200 last year and I think I under priced it because it went in about 30 seconds.

• Haha
Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
I am debating selling my hardtop, that is in perfect condition and going with a soft top.
Also, looking at soft tops, I am a bit confused. I will need a complete setup as I do not have any OEM hardware.
I would like one with the functionality of the OEM, whereas, it folds completely down and not just the Sunrider feature, only open above the front seats.
Thanks!
You could probably start at $1500 and leave yourself some room to come down.

Choices choices choices! Everyone with a hard top only wants a soft top, everyone with a soft top only wants a hard top, everyone with full doors only wants half doors, everyone with half doors only wants full doors lol

My suggestion to you is store your hard top and buy a complete soft top kit and then choose what you prefer when you prefer and have the best of both worlds just as Jeep engineers intended it to be :)

I'm not really a huge fan of the hardtop at all, but it's what came with the jeep.
This is not my DD and I do not take it out during winter, unless it's dry out, (ie: no salt on roads). I hate having to hoist the dam thing up in the garage every spring and down every fall.
It's not that hard to do at all, just a pain in my ass!

I'm not really a huge fan of the hardtop at all, but it's what came with the jeep.
This is not my DD and I do not take it out during winter, unless it's dry out, (ie: no salt on roads). I hate having to hoist the dam thing up in the garage every spring and down every fall.
It's not that hard to do at all, just a pain in my ass!
and if not stored properly and it gets damaged it is worth considerably less..they can be a bulky pain in the butt..I leave hardtops on year round

Thanks!
here in the PNW a nice hardtop with good glass will fetch $1200
x2 - around here they are going for 1200-1500 depending on how nice they are and what time of the year it is.

Looking at this thread makes me hate living here :ROFLMAO:

I have a spare hardtop I haven't bothered selling cause I'd only get $400 out of it if I was lucky, especially this time of year.

• Haha
Reactions: Vasq
Choices choices choices! Everyone with a hard top only wants a soft top, everyone with a soft top only wants a hard top, everyone with full doors only wants half doors, everyone with half doors only wants full doors lol

My suggestion to you is store your hard top and buy a complete soft top kit and then choose what you prefer when you prefer and have the best of both worlds just as Jeep engineers intended it to be :)
I just bought my TJ with a hard top, debated selling it back and forth for a while then decided I’d keep it and order a soft top as well. Pennsylvania winters suck so I’ll swap twice a year and hopefully get some more longevity out of the soft top in the process.

For what its worth, I just sold my TJ hard top over the weekend. I priced it at 1500 bucks. I had at least 20 people hit me up between Facebook and the Craigslist marketplace within a weeks time. Most wanted to deal and lowballed me with offers of 1k. Finally some guy hit me up and came down to look at it and asked me if I was willing to take 1400, which Itook but Im pretty sure I could have gotten my 1500 asking if I really wanted to. Dude was smart and drove down from Bakersfield (2 hours) wearing a Dodger hat so he got the discount. FYI, my top was in really good shape. Im in LA.

Sadly, the Supertop NX Twill cost more than that but, it what I want so I'm ok with it.

You know that’s a pretty good post right there. get to know @Hog And before long you will have a pair of everything.