How the hell do I stop snoring?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
It’s driving my wife batshit crazy and I feel so bad for her. Is there anything I can do to stop snoring?

I am not overweight at all, I’m in great shape in case that has anything to do with it.

I had the same problem. Not overweight but enough snoring to cause a serious strain on our marriage. I had a sleep study done. Mild case of sleep apnea. You can try mouth pieces but a cpap will fix it. You may find that if your snoring is bad enough you'll sleep better too.

It’s driving my wife batshit crazy and I feel so bad for her. Is there anything I can do to stop snoring?

I am not overweight at all, I’m in great shape in case that has anything to do with it.
Speaking from years of experience you cannot stop snoring, whatever shape you're in.
Delicately and lovingly insert

ear plugs into your wife's shell likes, just prior to

sleeping.

Reactions: Chris
I've found cutting out caffeine helps
I don’t drink caffeine so I am good there at least.

We have the top of the line Casper mattress which is amazing by the way.

Funny, this company is run by one of the guys I wheel with and his family. I've heard it works, I haven't used it.

At first glance this seems like a scam. However, for $25 I just ordered it to see if it works.

I don’t even need to stop snoring, I just hope I can reduce the intensity of it because according to my wife it shakes the bed it’s so loud.

The sleep number will sense that you are snoring and adjust position for you until you stop snoring.

Interesting. We've agreed that when I snore my wife will give me a shake and get me to roll over. I typically only snore if I'm on my back, and I mostly sleep on my side now.

Allergies makes it worse, so when they're acting up I'll take a pill for that.

sounds like black magic to me
I had bought a sleep number years ago, absolutely phenomenal bed.

Sleep number called up one day and asked since I was a customer if I'd like to get paid to try their top of the line bed with the snore feature. I know when I'm exhausted I do snore sometimes so I took them up on it. They delivered and installed the bed, fully motorized, great for watching TV or surfing the web.

They then paid me quarterly for a couple years to take surveys and eventually gave me the bed. Not a bad deal.

The bed interfaces with my phone and will raise your head position if it senses snoring.

It also monitors your movements and will score your sleep which allows you to adjust the sleep number to get the score as high as possible.

I've found that if I raise my head up it helped with my snoring, and as someone above posted, I primarily snore when I'm on my back as well. An adjustable bed may be a good investment, but even an extra pillow made a difference for me.

I've heard good things about sleep number beds, and a friend of mine just bought one. It was like $7k, which seems pretty damn pricey for a bed, but who knows....

I have a sleep number bed too, but didn't get the power base, so no snore correction for me. The bed itself is amazing. I've been struggling with the same issue and finally had a sleep study done. I have a mild case of sleep apnea, so I'm going to try the mouth piece. I also grind my teeth, so I'm used to wearing a bite splint to bed anyway.

I'd recommend a sleep study. Its only going to get worse as you age...

Went with a mouth guard to help with sleep apnea. The mouth guards force the lower jaw forward and open up the breathing canal. It greatly reduced Apnea but my wife loves it because I stopped snoring.

The only way to know for sure is to do a sleep study. They will see if you have sleep apnea, and if you need a CPAP machine. Some people can get zapped with a laser.

They have a new system called Inspire, when I looked into that I said fuck that.