How to remove Torx bolts?

This is my first post hope I did it right.. Anyway, What is the best way to remove torx bolts (that have never been removed before) without stripping them. I've been messing with them all day and I'm going to end up stripping them. It's driving me insane. They're the bolts that need to be removed to relocate my mirrors. Thanks
i stripped the ones on my tailgate. I guess i am not swapping it for a while.

When I did my tailgate ones the instructions for the new hinges said to turn them right (clockwise) a hair to break them loose then unscrew them. Worked like a charm.

I used a screw extractor and it snapped, idk what to do now
Ugh, those things are hardened and are near impossible to drill.
Without seeing it my first thought is you will need to weld it out. That will certainly destroy the paint in that area.
There may be other options such as grinding off the head to remove the easy out and then drilling whats left out, or something else,
Again tho, without seeing it my first thought is to weld it out.

Perhaps drill several shallow 1/8” holes around the broken extractor. After you drill all the holes you want, sacrifice the drill bit to drifting the holes toward and under the broken easy out. Maybe then you can pick the broken part out by working under it from one or more adjacent holes.
I had 100% success using about a 1/2” drill bit to drill through the rounded out torx bolt head until the head separated from the bolt. What remained of the bolts were then turned out easily with vice grips.

Reactions: nathanotis and JDM