How to remove Tuffy console

lulzpwndyah

TJ Enthusiast
Hello all I bought this Jeep recently and I don’t have much of it’s history except for what I’ve done. My problem now is I want to change the filthy rug with a bedrug I bought but I can’t remove the Tuffy security console to fully remove the carpet. It ripped out and I can’t seem to get the console to loosen at all. I went at it for a good 15 minutes before I stopped lying to myself that it was unscrewing.
Anyone know how to remove this? I checked under at a glance but did not see anything

7F35A6BD-1426-46DA-B0B2-AA6E5CF4444C.jpeg

0F4AB83B-9FE1-4097-BB6C-8D92EAEF1B53.jpeg

1CB40042-9438-4E63-A723-250D1A0F432C.jpeg

Figured it out. Since there’s nothing online about it. You must go under the Jeep you’ll see two screws. The nut must be held on the inside of the console and then unscrewed from the bottom. Got it off. Tuffy series ii Incase anyone needs held in the future

Good detective work!

aha thanks guys! I decided to put the answer so as to help others in the future. I searched just about everywhere for the answer and figured it out by sight lol

as you can see my rug and surrounding area was disgusting... all cleaned up now.

I know this is an old thread but I’m thinking about adding Bedrug to my ‘04 TJ and I also have the same Tuffy console. Was wondering if you put the console back in and if so, which Bedrug did you order: “with console” or “without console.” I was wondering if the “with console” version fit well around the Tuffy or if I’d be better off ordering “without console” and modifying to fit.

Hey, I wasn't aware of there being two different sets. I just ordered it and laid the tuffy on top of the carpet. It fit well even though I had sound deadening and insulation added under the carpet.

I know this is an old thread but I’m thinking about adding Bedrug to my ‘04 TJ and I also have the same Tuffy console. Was wondering if you put the console back in and if so, which Bedrug did you order: “with console” or “without console.” I was wondering if the “with console” version fit well around the Tuffy or if I’d be better off ordering “without console” and modifying to fit.
I’m currently doing said project. I ordered “with console” bedrug and have a tuffy console. I can report back in a few days.

Ah. It looks a lot like the speaker box stuff and I wondered about durability. Not ready to change out my carpet yet, but I'm sure the day is coming.