How to upgrade your Jeep Wrangler TJ stereo (amps and speakers)

In the middle of putting new system in. What happens with the original giant sub plug/wires? Just tape it up and leave it? Or is there something I've got to cut and splice. I'm no electronics guru, lol. TIA
Same question. I’m getting ready to replace the console sub and amp.
Putting in aftermarket sub and amp in same location as original.

Last edited:
Same question. I’m getting to replace the console sub and amp.

Leave the stock amplifier in place, and tape/tuck the wires in there. This way you can always return to stock, if wanted. Or you can throw it all out, it really serves no purpose once you add new equipment, unless you want to be able to return back to stock.

Same question. I’m getting ready to replace the console sub and amp.
I actually just finished putting my netting back on. The plug just sits there. I didn’t cut it out in case something could short (I’m no electronics guru)
I replaced everything but the speaker wires. Why? Because the wires coming out of the Pioneer head unit are a 20/22 and stick wiring looks to be 18/20. So not worth the trouble.
Found so many rattling things. The dome covers, I put duct tape under the edges.
Hits so hard it’s splitting atoms! Sounds unreal. Can hear in clearly 3 lanes over (I was told) 🤪

Hello all. I already upgraded my speakers, and just picked up an installed a double din kenwood head unit. Thought that would be fine, but now the subwoofer sounds like crap. It was already a replacement so I’m over trying to have that setup work.
I picked up the
Sound Ordnance B-8PTD and just ripped apart my center console to install.
My question is, can I leave the factory amp for the other 4 speakers, and if so, what wires do I need to clip? Can I use the subwoofer wires to connect to the S.O.?
Thx community!

On the off chance anyone is still following this thread; has anyone had any experience with an Alpine IL-507?