I dropped my flashlight in the defrost duct (whoops)

I bought one of these after i dropped my hood footman loop nut into the manifold space! I had one for years but couldnt find it when I needed it :(

eBay: Order details

Reactions: dlm1450
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Drop your iPhone down next to it!

at a comunitty outhouse while camping​

A man is taking a pee when another man enters. Shuffling to do his business, the new comer acidently drops a $5 bill down into the muck below.

Noticing the original occupant says "that sux" but is flabbergasted as the new man pulls out his wallet and drops a $20 down there as well. "Why'd you do that?" The man asks.

"You think i am going down there for a $5?"

I'll give this a try tomorrow. This may be just sticky enough to hold the flashlight but not sticky enough to grab the sides of the duct on the way down. If it doesn't work, I have a mechanical finger coming on Saturday (with the boroscope).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ZEOXJY/?tag=wranglerorg-20
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYTHWK4/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Just noting that the upgraded (and more expensive) version of your borescope is, according to the writeup, specifically designed for your situation:

Amazon.com: DEPSTECH 5.0MP WiFi Endoscope HD Inspection Camera, Wireless Snake Camera with Semi-Rigid Cable 6 LED Borescope for Android & iOS Smart - 16.5Ft: Camera & Photo
  • Usage : Self checking your own house appliance, inspect your car inner problems, and look for small things drop into hand-unreachable places
I get a huge but admittedly childish kick out of reading bad translations on Amazon...

I once or twice left a joint hankering along the drivers side dash along the speaker area only to find 3 roaches in that area

Just noting that the upgraded (and more expensive) version of your borescope is, according to the writeup, specifically designed for your situation:

Amazon.com: DEPSTECH 5.0MP WiFi Endoscope HD Inspection Camera, Wireless Snake Camera with Semi-Rigid Cable 6 LED Borescope for Android & iOS Smart - 16.5Ft: Camera & Photo
  • Usage : Self checking your own house appliance, inspect your car inner problems, and look for small things drop into hand-unreachable places
I get a huge but admittedly childish kick out of reading bad translations on Amazon...
That looks liker a nicer unit but I am a cheap bastard. The one I got was under $30 (with coupon).

Damn i didnt know they had wireless endos, one with usb is a pure pain in the ass to use.

But as others have mentioned, a good reason to do your heater core, and insulate firewall while you at it.

Aluminum- damn!

Which scope did you end up getting, BTW? The same one that you posted previously?

Found it. Now how and the hell am I going to get it out??

Good videoquality for a $30 boroscope. Maybe the boroscope in conjunction with some strong mechanical fingers? Or if you could get a piece of string down there with a noose/slip knot of some sort (I know a stretch).

Aluminum- damn!

Which scope did you end up getting, BTW? The same one that you posted previously?
Yep. Easy to use app. HOWEVER, you have to allow the app access to your photos, camera, files, etc. for it to work. I'm never happy about that as I'm concerned (maybe paranoid is a better word) that the Chinese companies are abusing the privilege and could ultimately use your data, location, etc. for nefarious purposes (as ALL Chinese companies are ultimately controlled by the communist government.). Seriously, if an enemy government has access to the location of every person in American via some app on their phone, it would certainly make it easy to SUPER EFFICIENTLY target population centers if they were intent on bombing the hell out of us and taking over our country. I plan on deleting the app as soon as my flashlight is retrieved and only reinstalling when needed again.

Last edited:
I'm with you on allowing privileges.

And, just a rant-
One month of Amazon profits could have saved Arecibo.

Maybe a rare earth magnet would be strong enough to latch onto the spring inside of the light?

Where's the marbles?
Easy to use app. HOWEVER, you have to allow the app access to your photos, camera, files, etc. for it to work. I'm never happy about that as I'm concerned (maybe paranoid is a better word) that the Chinese companies are abusing the privilege and could ultimately use your data, location, etc. for nefarious purposes (as ALL Chinese companies are ultimately controlled by the communist government.). Seriously, if an enemy government has access to the location of every person in American via some app on their phone, it would certainly make it easy to SUPER EFFICIENTLY target population centers if they were intent on bombing the hell out of us and taking over our country. I plan on deleting the app as soon as my flashlight is retrieved and only reinstalling when needed again.
You don't know the half of it, research the Thiea Group and what they are up to. There won't be a speck of privacy once the Orion project is up and running.

Reactions: NWPA Jeepy T
Well, the case of the light is aluminum, but the clip is steel. A magnet is worth a shot if you can get it down there.